15 | The Huntress: Part II

Chapter Fifteen

"Where have you been?" I questioned Enzo, as we remained in the elderly woman's psychiatric room. "You kinda just fell off the face of the earth."

"You missed me!" Enzo smiled, closing the door before he walked back over to me. "That warms my heart."

"I didn't miss you. I was curious of your recent whereabouts. There's a difference." I corrected, helping him unstrap Rayna from the bed.

"What, Matt didn't tell you?" Enzo asked, "Thought he'd be crowing all over town he'd called in some shadowy organization to hunt me down and cage me up."

"It was Matt again?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well, it didn't turn out the way he'd expected, guarantee you that." Enzo muttered, looking down at the body. "Right. Well, we've got to get this body out of here before someone notices, so a bit of cloaking would probably be helpful."

I smirked, snapping my fingers, causing Rayna's body to vanish from our eyes. "Ta-da." I intoned.

"Wh- that's it? No witchy chants or textbooks?" Enzo questioned as I grabbed the cookie from the edge of the bed.

"Most powerful being, remember?" I mocked my commonly annoying comeback, narrowing my eyes as I took a bite out of the cookie. "I'll be back with the others. Stay here."

"Yes, your majesty." Enzo sassed, causing me to groan in annoyance as I left the room.

I made my way around the mental institute, bumping into Bonnie.

"Cassidy, what happened? Are you okay?" she questioned, concerned.

"Nothing much, and yeah- I'm fine. She asked me to unwrap her cookie before she began choking me, and threatened to 'pop open my vocal chords' if I didn't untie her from her looney-bin bed." I summed up, as my mouth formed a straight line. "I even tried using magic to get her to stop, but it didn't work."

"Are you sure you're okay?" Bonnie badgered, as Mary Louise and Nora followed behind.

"Yes, considering I was strangled by an 80-year-old psychopath." I growled, as we all raced back to the room. "Did you know the Huntress was immune to magic?"

"I had no idea, I swear." Bonnie reassured as I opened the door to Rayna's room, only to see that Enzo's disappeared.

"That lying little weasel." I mumbled, staring into the vacant room.

I locked my car behind me as I strolled up to the Lockwood mansion.

As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by a very shirtless Damon Salvatore standing awkwardly in the middle of the foyer, waving his fingers with a face full of fear.

"I need a drink...and a buddy." I growled, looking him up and down before strolling into the living space. "And currently you are my only buddy available to drink. You'll notice I'm overlooking the fact that you went AWOL after I left to help Bonnie, so thanks for that."

I strolled over to the tray of glasses, only to see an empty bottle of bourbon remaining with a drop left. "Are you out of bourbon? How's that possible? Someone celebrating Julian's very timely demise?" I assumed, taking note of the confused look on his face. "Stefan didn't tell you? He put a chair leg through his heart."

"That's an oldie but a goodie." Damon lightly smiled as he pulled a shirt over his head, finally having the decency to get dressed. "Hope he has enough chairs to take out the rest of Julian's backup dancers."