11 | Christmas Spirit

Chapter Eleven

"Hey, Caroline- wow, you've gotten big." I smiled, motioning to her stomach.

Apparently, Alaric's twins are alive.

They're inside Caroline.

I know, that sounds extremely disturbing, and actually freaked me out when I first heard the news, but I'm happy for Ric. He deserves some good in his life.

"Thanks..I think." Caroline's eyes narrowed before my smile grew.

"Ugh- I just love this holiday. I mean, what's better than Christmas? Nothing." I cheekily grinned, taking note of the entire Whitmore bar and campus strung with Christmas decorations.

"Last year, we filled ten crates. This year, I'm aiming for twenty." Caroline nodded over to the wrapping station for 'Toys for Tots', causing my eyebrows to furrow.

"You know, compelling people to donate doesn't actually count as donating." I acknowledged, before my eyes fell down to her phone. "He called you again?"

"Yes." Caroline sighed. "If anything, I'm happy that he's being so supportive of this whole..situation."

"Yep. Nothing screams support like hanging out with your brother to hunt down an immortal asshole." I faked a smile, as Bonnie walked up.

"'Hey, Stefan. Did I mention Bonnie saw me mix a blood bag with a jar of mayonnaise at 2:00 in the morning?'" Bonnie mocked, referring to Caroline's phone-call with Stefan, leaving out a few minor details.

"Wasn't that marshmallow fluff?" I offer, earning a shrug from Bonnie.

"Hey- I'm feeding for 3 now, so I get cravings." Caroline defended,

"Fair. Why not just tell him?" Bonnie questioned, placing some more gifts into the giant Santa bag.

"Because he doesn't need to worry about the specifics of my magical pregnancy with Alaric's babies." Caroline addressed.

"Words that should probably not be spoken at that volume." Ric chimed in, walking over to us. "You ready to go to this class?"

Caroline took off her elf hat, grabbing her baby-prepping books and purse. "Now I am!" she joyed.

"You know it's a birthing class, right, Caroline? And not SAT prep?" Alaric clarified, causing me to crack smile.

"You sure you can handle this on your own?" Caroline pursed her lips, pointing between Bonnie and I.

My eyes widened and my mouth opened, but before I could say 'no,' Bonnie cut me off.

"If you can handle all of this while pregnant, the two of us can handle a fraction of it while not. Go to your class." Bonnie reassured.

Caroline nodded, handing Ric one of her pregnancy books. "That was the least graphic one I could find. Study up." she perked, before she strutted away.

Ric shot us both a look, sighing as he took off after her.

"I thought being pregnant made you fat and repulsive. How come Caroline still looks like a VS model?" I narrowed my eyes, watched her walk out the door.

Bonnie chuckled, handing me some toys. "You gonna help?" she questioned.

"Do I even have a choice?" I whined, grabbing the toys from her, placing them into a Santa bag.

"I need another eggnog." I groaned, faceplanting onto the desk, causing my elf-hat to fall off.