20 | Twenty Questions

Chapter Twenty

After puking at Ric's house, I figured that Enzo and I had outstayed our welcome.

Alaric was happy for us to go, only because he wanted me to get some rest. Not to mention, I wasn't getting any other visions. The information that I had given them was helpful, though.

Damon successfully found his brother.

Stefan is safe and sound...

Until his human body can't take his vampire soul anymore, and he dies.

That of course, isn't doomed to happen for at least another day. Within that time, Damon has to track down the college-killing, psychopathic-murderous vampire living in Stefan's real body.

"She's on the road again." I chirped with my eyes closed, as I sat in the passenger seat, holding a large map.

Blood from my nose slowly dripped onto the map, leading us to Rayna.

Once Enzo and I ditched Alaric's place, we needed to calm down. Not only was it amazing to have a full-night's sleep, but I wasn't interrupted by a head-pounding vision. The only downside, however, is that Rayna was no longer at Ric's house, and was on the loose.

"She's headed towards a college. Take your next left, we can cut her off and block her path." I opened my eyes, slyly wiping my nose as I looked down at the map.

"You're a genius, you know that?" Enzo piped up, causing me to smile.

"Yeah..well." I cheekily grinned, and Enzo pulled off to the side of the road.

"I'll get the cones from the trunk. You stay here." he affirmed, earning a nod from me as he got out of the car, closing his door.

I watched through the window as he began placing the cones strategically several feet apart, so any driver coming down the road would idiotically pull to a stop.

After tracking down Rayna, and having her uber-driver successfully fall for our trap, Enzo shot up the car she was in, knocking her out. He compelled her driver to stay put and not make a sound, before dragging Rayna's body over to our car, which leads us to the point we're at right now.

I'm currently sitting passenger with Enzo driving as an unconscious Rayna Cruz remained in the backseat, chained to the door.

Enzo's phone began buzzing, causing me to groan in annoyance as he answered it.

"Damon. To what do I owe the pleasure?" Enzo sighed, causing my head to shoot up.

"Bring her back." Damon demanded.

"No idea what you're talking about." Enzo looked back at Rayna through the rearview mirror, shrugging.

"Isn't it a little embarrassing, still playing fetch for the Armory?" Damon hissed.

"I'm no longer affiliated with that organization. Try to keep up." Enzo offered, looking over to me.

"Fine. Enlighten me. What are your exact needs for Rayna Cruz at this moment? Because I promise you, I need her a lot more than you do." Damon raged,

"Oh, is that so?" Enzo began, "Well, then let me ask you a question. How's Cassidy? You know, Elena's sister. The best-friend and potential sister-in-law that you just abandoned. What's her life been like since you decided to just push the pause button on your pathetic existence?"