22 | Fight To Kill

Chapter Twenty-Two

"I hope word of this doesn't get out." Damon smirked, standing in the destroyed dentist's office, blood surrounding him as a nameless vampire continued feeding on his victim.

The vampire spun around, facing Damon with protruded fangs.

"People already hate going to the dentist." Damon added, causing the vampire to take a step closer.

Damon and the unknown vampire grabbed each other's shoulders, fighting, before the vamp threw Damon through the window, glass scattering across the floor as he hopped back up to his feet.

The vampire went to charge him until Enzo jumped onto his back, attempting to hold him down. The vamp began fighting with Enzo, immediately flipping him over, throwing him into Damon.

I shook my head, storming into the building. The vampire's head spun towards me, where he sped me against a wall. He hissed, thinking he would feed on me, before I kneed him in the crotch.

Damon and Enzo regained their balance, speeding over to us, where they each grabbed one of the vampire's arms, steadying him.

I lightly smiled at the vampire before I plunged my hand forward into his chest, earning a growl as he head-butted me, knocking me off balance.

Enzo attempted to snap the vampire's arm, but the vamp flipped him over before he could, moving to tear Enzo's heart out. Before he could, however, Damon picked up a 'wet-floor' sign, chopping his head clean off.

I stared with my mouth parted as images of Kai flashed through my mind. Damon slicing Kai's head clean off in front of me.

I panted from my spot on the floor as I held my head, and Enzo hopped up from his spot on the ground, extending an arm to me. I gracefully accepted, and he pulled me up, so our faces almost touched.

"Now that wasn't so hard." Damon grinned, causing the two of us to share a look.

One And A Half Years Ago:

Enzo strolled over to me with a wineglass in his hand, averting my attention from the book I was reading.

"What?" I scoffed,

"It's New Year's Eve. Get up. We're having dinner." Enzo went to walk away, pausing in his place. "Oh, and for the love of God, please put on something besides these abhorrent sweatpants."

"What do you care about my sweatpants?" I narrowed my eyes,

"I'm instituting a dress code. For the holiday." Enzo smirked, taking a sip of his wine before he waltzed off.

I narrowed my eyes, getting up from my spot on the couch. I placed the book on the coffee table, and vamp-sped over to my clothes, swiftly throwing on a random dress.

I swung open the door to the main living area. "This is the best I could do-" I froze, staring at the scene around us.

There were fairy lights trailing the room, candles ignited, a perfectly set table and chairs placed beside the fireplace, and a well-dressed Enzo.

"I thought you deserved a proper celebration." Enzo piped up from beside one of the chairs.

I lightly smiled, making my way over to him. He pulled out my chair for me, allowing me to sit down before he pushed it in.

The two of us ate and talked.

We talked about the past couple of years, until we ate all the food.