13 | Salvatore Babysitting

Chapter Thirteen

"Stop poking me." I hissed, keeping my face forward as Damon continued poking me in the abdomen on our walk to the Mystic Grill.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance when he wouldn't stop, swiftly taking his hand in mine, snapping it with my supernatural strength.

Damon grunted, cradling his hand in his arm, causing a proud smile to spread across my face.

"Come on." Stefan announced, opening the door for Damon and I.

Damon sniffed the disturbingly odored air as we entered the Grill, causing his face to scrunch up. "Lovely." he grimaced.

"Yeah. Well, you get used to the smell." Stefan sighed.

"And this is why you should've gotten me out first." Damon mumbled, leaning over to me.

"Well, we tried, but apparently you weren't ready to get out." I replied, raising my eyebrows, before my brain thought back to Damon looking up at the ceiling before Stefan unchained him. "Hey- what happened to you in there?"

"Picture me as a soldier, in gray, being shot to death over and over and over again while the ghost of 'mommy dearest' floated on her harpy wings, saying, 'I told you so, Damon'." Damon mimicked, causing my eyes to grow narrow.

"Sounds pretty miserable if you ask me." Stefan monotoned.

"I think that was the point." Damon affirmed, as we reached the bar. "I just realized all I had to do was cry some big boy tears and tell mommy I was sorry."

"Glad you got some closure." Stefan stated, earning a nod in agreement.

"It did the trick because right after that, I went toward the red light in the sky." Damon motioned, smirking before he looked past my shoulder, causing his smirk to fall.

I spun around, only to see nobody in particular, so I turned back around to questionably face Damon again.

"What about you? How'd you pass your existential dealio?" he questioned, as I met eyes with Stefan before a pair of hands landed on my shoulders.

"Look who survived." Julian's voice spoke up.

I narrowed my eyes, taking a step forward, moving beside Damon so Julian's hands would fall off my shoulders.

"Look who infested my town because he has nothing better to do with his eternity." Damon shot back,

"Your brother and I called a truce." Julian motioned to Stefan.

"Well, I wouldn't call you taking over our town without permission a truce exactly.." I spat, remaining next to Damon.

"Well, I suppose it wasn't so much of a takeover, as a walk right in and nobody stopping you." Julian grinned.

Damon growled, moving to take a step forward until I grabbed his arm, holding him back.

"Hey- today's all about proving that you can play well with others, all right?" I muttered to Damon, releasing my grip on his arm.

"There's no need to pout. I'm not gonna hurt your precious town. It holds sentimental value for me as well. This was Lily's home once. Now it's mine." Julian continued, causing the three of us to glare back him. "Well, anyway, I'm making this about myself when here you are..back with the living. Congratulations, although now's where the real work begins, doesn't it?"

"Good luck to you both." Julian gave a quick pat to Stefan's shoulder before he took off.

I shared a look with Stefan, noticing Damon turn around to stare at the wall.