18 | Three Years Later...

Chapter Eighteen

It's been three years since I've heard from either of the Salvatore brothers. After Damon chose the desiccation route, I was captured by the Armory.

Apparently, Alexandria St. John wanted to learn more about my kind since she's never seen anything like me before. Who could blame her though, I'm stunning.

I often shouted back and forth between my neighboring cell mates, Mary Louise and Nora. That was, until, I escaped.

After escaping the Armory, I was picked up by my handsome getaway driver, Enzo St. John. We were on the run for a few days before he surprised me with a remote cabin that I immediately spelled, deeming it undetectable to locator spells.

The only downfall, however, is my incessant habit of puking up black blood. It started happening on our first day on the road. It's happened at least once a day ever since. Enzo and I have come to the conclusion that the Armory is trying to find me. The many injections they gave me most likely have something to do with it. Alexandria tried testing Rayna Cruz's sword on me, until I explained to her that nothing of Rayna's affects me. Not her sword, not her stone, and certainly not her inability to take a joke.

Bonnie on the other hand, hasn't reached out to me since she admitted herself into a mental institution, choosing the easy route. She got pretty depressed once she realized she'd never get to see Damon ever again. The two of them were best friends. In fact, her, Damon, and I were the closest we could be. Anyhow, her being in some looney-bin isn't the worst thing. She's given meals everyday, has a bed to sleep on, and isn't bothered by anything of the supernatural. All she has to do, is attend a few meetings and express her feelings.

As for Caroline, Alaric, and their bouncing baby girls..well, I haven't heard from them either. It's nothing personal though, I was aware of that. They wanted to live happy, normal lives. Each of them got normal jobs, and Alaric hung up his vampire-hunting side job for diaper-changing and daycare. I can't blame Caroline. I would've done the exact same thing if I was in her shoes.

I, however, am not. At this very moment, I am sat in the backseat of a suspicious black car. Enzo was beside me, holding my hand, as our compelled driver took us to Matt Donovan.

I don't want to hurt Matt, but Alexandria is convinced that Enzo let Rayna escape. Which means she's not only after me, but after Enzo too. That also sucks, though, because we're kind of a package deal. He hasn't left my side since Damon desiccated three years ago.

Our love-hate relationship slowly flourished into something much more. We realized that we had been covering our feelings for each other with glares and childish arguments. So, he took me on a date.

Three Years Ago:

"The movies? Really? Could you be any more cliche?" I lightly laughed as I followed Enzo into the movie-theater.

"I suppose not. Unless we're going to be making out in the back row, then we're passed the charts.." Enzo joked, causing me to smile as we walked past the concession stand.

"How come there's nobody here?" I questioned, looking around the vacant theater as he led me to one of the screening rooms.

"We have the entire theater to ourselves. You can thank compulsion for that." Enzo smirked, opening the door for me, allowing me to stroll into the dark room.

"So, Lorenzo.." I emphasize his name, causing his eyes to narrow. "What movie will we be seeing today?"

"Not quite sure. There weren't that many options, seeing as the employees here are as uneducated as Matt Donovan." Enzo muttered, as I let out a laugh.