09 | Battle For Love

Chapter Nine

Three Years From Now:

"Get the hell away from me," I muttered, with glowing yellow eyes and protruded fangs.

"Not until you tell us where he is." Alexandria offered, as I wiped some blood from my nose.

"Why would I do that?" I hissed, narrowing my eyes.

"Because you don't want to die?" she proposed, earning a scoff.

"You couldn't kill me even if you wanted to. You need me." I growled,

"For what? The vault?" she chuckled. "We have a plan 'B'."

She glared at me for a moment before turning away, walking past her army of suck-ups. "Kill her." she announced, strutting away from the airfield, allowing her men to storm over to me.

I quickly flipped two men over, and snapped a few necks, before I was pinned to the ground by my throat.

"Let me go." I resisted,

"Can't do that, princess. You heard the boss." the man tightened his grip on my throat. "She wants you dead."

I began losing consciousness, struggling for air until the grasp around my neck loosened, and the man was thrown into a wall.

"Come on, love. We're not done here." Enzo affirmed, extended his hand to help me up.

Present Day:

"Why would a centuries-old vampire with a bunch of witch groupies be so desperate to find anything collecting dust in the Midlothian County impound?" I questioned, as Enzo and I walked around the abandoned cars. "Seems a little beneath him if you ask me.."

"Well, if Julian wants it, then so do I." Enzo avowed.

"We talking about the car or Lily?" I narrowed my eyes, "You're not doing this to stop a psychopath. You just want the girl."

"Congratulations. You've just unlocked every man's true motivation in life." Enzo sarcastically announced.

"Speaking as someone who's actually been the girlfriend of a psychopath, stop treating Lily like some prize to be won." I looked down at my feet at my mention of Kai.

"More like somebody who's never been fought over." Enzo looked to me, continuing to scope for the car.

I scoffed, raising an eyebrow. "Um- I have too been fought over."

"Two people fighting to kill you isn't exactly what I meant.." Enzo perked.

"Whatever, all I'm saying is..it's not the turn-on you think it is. Try flowers, a quiet dinner, listening." I averted the subject, earning a snicker from Enzo as we stopped in front of a yellow car.

"Found it." I stopped in my place, Enzo doing the same.

"I'm assuming Julian doesn't want it for its bluebook value. Charming." he muttered as we walked up to the trunk, and Enzo tried lifting it. "Wonderful. It's locked."

"Allow me." I smirked, nudging him to the side before I closed my eyes, placing my hands over the trunk.

After less than a second of muttering a spell, the trunk popped open.

"Nice work.." Enzo acknowledged, moving in beside me as I opened my eyes, and he lifted the trunk fully open.

I grinned, shrugging while Enzo rummaged through the trunk, tossing the trash to the side before he lifted a long object.