Chapter 8

Janes pov

6 years later

"Come on Xander get your bag you are going to grandma and grandpas house" I yeld up the stairs.

"Mama I'm not going I can't find Charlie" he sniffed.

"oh baby" I said going to his room to see him with watery eyes on his spider man bed.

"Charlie bear is downstairs in the kitchen where you left him this morning"

"REALLY" he cried in my arms

"Yes! he is on the counter next to your spider man bag. Now stop crying because you going to make mama cry" I told.

"noo no no no mama don't cry. I don't like it when you cry" Xan said panicking.

"I don't cry?" I said confused.

"You cried when I asked about daddy one night. I heard you" he told me.

"Oh" I said stupidly.

~~~~~~flashback~~~~~~

It was a dark night and there was a storm. Jane was laying in her bed. She couldn't fall asleep for some strange reason.

There was a knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in Xander" Jane answered.

"Mama? I'm afraid" came Xan with his teddy Charlie in his hand standing at the door.

"come sleep with me baby there is a lot of space here on mamas bed for you" she said softly.

Xander jumped into her bed and layed his head on her chest.

"mama?"

"yes baby"

"where is my daddy"

Jane stiffens.

She knew this day would come but she still wasn't ready.

"umm he is.......... he is far away on a big job and won't be back for a longggg while." Jane answered not able to tell her little boy she's not his real mommy and she does not know who his father.

It would break his and her heart. She knew she would have to tell him eventually but not right now he's still young he wouldn't understand.

"Okay mama good night I love you" he yawned.

"I love you too baby" she says kissing his forehead.

That night she cried.

She cried because her son had no father, cried because she lied to protect him from the pain of not having a father, she cried because one day she will have to tell him the truth and he might hate her for lying about his father and she cried because he was growing up too fast.

While Jane cried Xan was angry at himself for making his mama cry.

She thought he was asleep but no he stayed up till his mama fell asleep then wiped away the dry tears on her face.

"I'm sorry mommy I didn't mean to make you cry." He whispered as he kissed her cheek.

From that day Xam promised himself not to make his mama cry.

~~~~~~flashback over~~~~~~

"Mama why were you crying after I asked you?" Xan askes holding my face in his little hands

"umm I j..just missed him" I lied. My heart sped up a bit and I felt a pain was over my body.

This is painful. I have to lie. He is mine and no-one can or will take him away.