Chapter 12

Janes pov

Xan and I went into our house and I asked Xan how was his sleepover with my parents and his aunty went.

"Me and gramma made cookies. I drank mine with milk so I could be strong. I played with Patricia. We were running and so much faster than her mama and Grandpa was growing plants in the garden and he let me help him....."

Xan crouch down in pain and began to lay on the floor shaking.

I kept trying to help him but he'd only push me away. I couldn't stand seeing my baby in pain. He then started talking about someone but I couldn't understand him.

My baby was laying on the floor eyes shut in pain, shaking as pain ripped through this little body.

"Who is 'he' " I asked scared out of my mind for my son trying to understand what he's talking about.

"my wolf" just then my little Xan was replaced with a small black and white looking wolf.

I covered mouth in shock. I think I'm going crazy.

Wolf!

"OH MY GOD" I screamed.

He started to walk to me

"Noo no no stay there, away f....from m...me p.....please" I said slowly as I closed my eyes.

This is all a dream when I open my eyes I'm going to laugh because my son is playing a trick on me or maybe I'm still drunk.

I heard whimpers and I opened my eyes and looked into the wolves blue eyes and saw pain.

Pain?

Was he in pain? I didn't notice that I was walking towards the wolf until he was in my reach.

I froze. What am I doing?

He walked into my arms and snuggled into me.

"Mama dont be afraid. I'm a wolf, I wont hurt you mama I love you.

Omg he is in my head! I'm going loco.

"Xan is that really you in the wolf and talking to me in my head?" I asked the wolf softly and I begin to rub the fur.

The wolf nodded "yes mama it's me inside the wolf. My wolf is called josh."

"Okay baby can I have you back in your normal way"

"I'll try, but what if it hurts"

I couldn't answer him as I didn't have an answer myself. I couldn't promise him it wouldn't hurt.

It took a while before I had my little boy back. He was naked but I didn't care I hugged him.

"You scared me baby. I didn't know what was happening to you."

"I'm sorry mama"

"It's okay baby but we have to keep this a secret. Don't show or tell anyone or they will take you away from me. We will go to the library to find out more about wolfs okay"

"Yes mama"

"And if you want to be your w.....wolf you have to ask me first okay baby? I need to make sure it's safe first"

"Yes mama"

"Good boy I love you so much. Don't ever forget that."

"I love you too mama forever"

I held him for ages in my arms while he just sniffed me or well sniffed Dexons jumper.

My head beginning to process what just happened. I carried my tired little boy to my bed, dressed him in his pyjamas and went to sleep.

A lot played out in my mind.