2: Memories and Goodbyes

Hello everyone!

I hope you'll like this chapter and please click the vote button. I need your support.

Thanks you much! :-)

Dedicated to Ashelynn

==============

No Proofreading

==============

Chapter 2

Seoul, South Korea

Yumi’s POV

It is mid-June and summer is officially on. It is now school vacation and I am here at our boarding house inside the school. Next month is my flight going to Canada. I feel nervous and excited at the same time. It’s been years since the very last time I went there. I hope I’ll get used on living there again.

I walk towards on the open window and notice that it’s raining today.  I hope tomorrow will be a good weather. I always love it when it’s raining. It calms my mood.

(Please play the music on the right side as background)

I remembered when I was 6; my Mom and I used to watch the rain and cuddled together. I keep on asking her why she loves the rain. And she will always smile on me and tell me how she met my dad in the middle of the rain. For her, it was sweet to meet someone in a pouring rain. I can feel her happiness while saying those words. I can tell she really loves my dad. My dad also loves my mom so much. Though, he is always busy working for us. That time, we are living in Canada for almost a year. His works requires him to be there for how long, we don’t know. I started my Elementary years there, somewhere in Toronto. We are living together with my Aunt Eula and her family. The house is too big for them so they offer us to live with them. I always play with Allysa, their eldest daughter. Their son, Alden is just two years old at that time.

Until when I was 11, my dad told us that we need to go back to Korea. It was sad because I become so close with my cousins. But my mom told me that we’re going to visit them once in a while. That made me relieve. At least I am going to see them. We got back to Korea after a few days. Then there comes my 13th birthday and we decided to go on beach. I am so excited. Besides rain, I love also going to beaches although I didn’t know how to swim. I just love to walk and have a sight-seeing. We finished my birthday celebration with eating my favorite foods, playing and walking on the beach side. My parents swim also and I just take photos of them. They are a lovely couple. How I wish to have that kind of love someday. When it is time to go, we promised to go again here. But while driving, things happen so fast. At a blink, there came a 10-wheeler truck that is losing control. It was too late to avoid it. My mom came on the backseat and hugged me as if she is protecting me from what is happening. She told me everything will be fine; she said how much they love me and to be strong.

I didn’t know what happen after that. The next thing I know is I am at the hospital got some bruises all over my body and my Aunt is beside me. She said it’s been two days since the accident. I looked for my parents but she just looked away. It confused me and then it hit me when I saw tears forming at the corner of her eyes. She may not speak the words but I get it. They’re gone. I tried to hold back my tears.  At that moment, all I know is I will be alone.

I closed my eyes after remembering everything. It feels like yesterday. It is still painful. It was supposed to be a happy trip but it turns out to be a tragedy. My two bestfriends just stay on my side and comforted me. I am very lucky to have them.

---------

One month later…

I wake up early in the morning. Today is my flight. I already finish taking a bath and fixing myself. I am now checking my things, making sure I didn’t miss something. After checking, I glance one more time in my boarding school. Remi and Kara are here with me. They insist on taking me to the airport.

When we arrive at the airport, we hug each other and promise to call each other once in a while.

“Jal jinaeseyo, Yumi…” (Take care of yourself, Yumi…) Remi said hugging me.

“Dangsin-i uli leul pil-yolohaneun gyeong-ue, daman hochulhabnida. Ulineun dangsin-eul geuliwohabnida…” (Just call if you need us. We will miss you…) Kara whispers as she hugs me too.

Arasso… Naega dangsin-eul geuliwohabnida neomu.(Fine. I will miss you too.) I told them.

We bid our goodbye for the last time before I go inside. I saw the tears forming in their eyes. So, I quickly turn my back and start to walk. I don’t like seeing them crying.

“Modu annyeong…” (Goodbye everyone…) I whisper before the plane takes off.

What do you think of this chapter?

Thank you for reading.

Follow.Vote.Comment.