20: The Long Lost Princess

Hi readers! Here is a short update for today. Enjoy. :-)

Picture of Yumi, Elle and her real mother, Queen Amaia on the right side ----- >>>>>

==============

No Proofreading

==============

Chapter 20

Yumi’s POV

I try to open my eyes. But all I can see is darkness. I can hear familiar voices. They sound so worried. But I also hear a voice full of anger. I wonder why? I feel so tired and sleepy. Why am I feeling this way? As I keep trying to open my eyes, it feels like all my energy is slowly draining. Maybe I should try harder. But then I hear a voice in my head saying, ‘Just rest’. My body seems to have its own mind, follow the voice in my head and rest. Maybe, it’s all I needed now. So, I did it. I completely close my eyes and let my mind drifted in a dreamless sleep.

I didn’t know how long I’ve been sleeping. My mind is awake but then again, my body is not responding to whatever I’m thinking; just like how I wanted to move and open my eyes. I sigh mentally. Suddenly, I hear a voice beside me. I can also feel his hand hold mine. I smile in my mind. I felt a familiar sparks going through my body.

“Hey Angel, are you not really waking up now?” The guy’s voice said to me, I guess. I can feel him kissing my hand. Then again, I feel sparks.  “Please wake up now. I love you.” He caresses my face with his thumb. I can feel my body longing for his touch. I wonder why?

“Do you remember the day you ask me to sing for you?” I can feel him smiling. There are sparks all over my body. Then, she thought of one guy that makes her feel this way. It’s Dylan. “If I sing for you now, will you open your eyes for me?” His voice sounds like he is about to cry. He then starts singing a certain song I know very well. As I remember it clearly, it the song that I ask him to sing for me on one of our date. The song is “Vanilla Twilight”. Then, Dylan starts singing. His voice is so soothing. For her, it is the most beautiful melody in the world. Because he sings for her; it’s only for her.

‘As many times as I blink
I'll think of you tonight
I'll think of you tonight…’

For the very first time since I met him, he sings. Too bad, I can’t open my eyes as much as I wanted to see his face. As he continues to sing, I try my best to open my eyes. Maybe, just maybe I can open my eyes for you. Try harder, Yumi… I thought in my mind.

‘And I'll forget the world that I knew
But I swear I won't forget you
Oh, if my voice could reach
Back through the past
I'd whisper in your ear
Oh darling, I wish you were here…

I smile in my mind. His voice may not be the most perfect in the world but for me, it is. It is because he sings for me… just for me. As I hear the lyrics, a thought came in my mind. I also think of you, Dylan… I miss you… I’m here, Dylan… I’m here… I will open my eyes for you. I try to move my eyes in the most possible ways. Then, I did it. Slowly, I open my eyes but my sight comes in a blur. I blink a lot of times until I can see clearly. I look over and found him. He is beside me, holding my hand tightly. He then looks to my face and his eyes widens. He seems so surprise, I thought. He reaches for me and his face softens. He cups my face with his both hands.