16: Can I love you from afar?

Hi readers!

Enjoy reading this chapter. Hope you like it. :-)

==============

No Proofreading

==============

Chapter 16

Dustin’s POV

-------

“What is your dream, Shana?” I ask her, remembering our childhood conversation.

“Jin-” She looks at me saying a word but I immediately cut her off.

“Please just answer it Shana.” I beg her.

“M-my dream is to be a music instructor…” She mumble and I smile as remembering the old times. It’s still her dream, just like me. “What about you?”

She cups my face with her both hands. “My dream is… to marry you Shana.”

“We can’t…” She whisper, I know she will say it. I put my hands over her and close my eyes, savoring the moments with her.

“But why we can’t?” Our forehead rest into each other while talking.

“Because, I’m in love with someone else…” I smile bitterly as hearing those words coming from her mouth.

I pull away from her and steps back, I raise my right hand and confusion hits her. “Shana, listen…” I have to say it. I have to say this to her, my feelings

 “I, Dustin Jin Kim, promise to love Yumi Shanaia Gyo until the end of my life. And if she would still want me in the future, I will vow to marry her.”

­

--------

(Please play the song at the right side. Lyrics to be posted(which is in italics) in this chapter are the English version of the song.)

‘I guess I did not know
I guess you did not know
That we are standing too close like this
We can’t really let this beautiful thing disappears
Now you will understand me…

I’m sorry that I didn’t know the reason behind those tears

I’m sorry, now I’m right in front of you…’

She is my light. Ever since I met her when we were still kids, I know in my heart that she will be the one for me. Since then, I always dream of her… my only hope. It’s a dream of marrying her when we grow up and it becomes my instant goal. I’ve been in love with her since then, too young I know. But I can’t do anything about it.

I thought our feeling is mutual. That’s what I got wrong. Unfortunately, she falls in love with someone else. Is he better than me? I close my eyes as the wind keeps on blowing. All I want is to be with her. Why it turns out like this?

“Am I really late?