24: Truth

==============

No Proofreading

==============

Chapter 24

Yumi’s POV

“My heart’s beloved…”

I am staring through the window of the car while Dylan’s driving. I can’t get my mind off but to think of the stranger’s words. I don’t know why it matters to me. I mean, I barely know him. For some reason, it feels really weird to care for a person like him. But then again, I was curious about what he was telling me a while ago. Who was he talking about? I ask myself.

“You’re thinking hard, Angel. What is it?” I was pulled out of my own thoughts when I heard my boyfriend’s voice. I turn my head to face him. I smile when I saw his eyebrows furrows while still looking ahead. I find his demeanor cute all of a sudden. A giggle escaped my lips as his furrows deepen. “What are you giggling at?” He asks me.

I shrug but smile a little. “Nothing...” I playfully said making him raised his eyebrow as he continues to drive.

“Tell me what you are thinking.”

“What will I tell you?” I pouted my lips, hoping that he will not ask me again. I don’t know how I will say that I have met a stranger, a guy, to be specific. I know him to be a jealous guy, all the time. I don’t want him to stop me if ever I meet again this person. I want to know what bothers him. He looks sad. For some reason, I feel like I know him.

“Angel…”

“Dylan…” I said in a playful tone. He sighed, a sign that he is giving up asking me. I smile in victory inside my head. But somehow, I feel guilty for not telling him about the stranger. It’s just that, I want to know more about this guy. Also, it’s not like I have a crush on that guy. He is too old for me. Besides, I just look at him like… a father. For now, I want to keep it a secret.

“You’re spacing out again.” I look at him with a shrug. “We’re here now.”

“Thank you, Dylan. I’ll see you tomorrow?” He nods and gives me a peck on my lips. He gets off the car, as usual and opens the car’s door for me like real gentleman. I smile. He walks me to my house, making sure that I got inside safe and sound.

“I’ll call you when I got home. Just take a rest, you look tired. Okay?” I nod on him, as he move closer to me and gives me a hug. I like embracing Dylan. His body always felt warm. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I said and with that, I went inside the house. I heard Dylan’s car making his way out.

---------

I didn’t know that I have sleep in a while. My eyes turn on my pink clock beside the bed just to see that it’s already midnight. I check my cellphone while brushing my hair. I saw Dylan’s text messages and missed calls. I smile and reply though it’s a bit late. I just want him to know that I just wake up now as excuse for not answering his text and calls. My stomach grumbled as soon as I get up from bed. I decided to go downstairs and grab something to eat.

“How am I going to tell her?”  I heard hush voices while making myself down from stairs. I can’t help but wonder why, at this hour, they’re talking about something. I just set aside my curiosity and proceed to go down further. I shouldn’t eavesdrop.