9: Stay with me

Jessie regained consciousness, as she was laying in the doorway of the villa. When she looked up, she saw who she assumed was the stranger that had knocked her unconscious, and beaten her. They were currently being fought by Meowth and Growlie.

Meowth ordered Growlie to do something, though Jessie couldn't understand what he had said. Growlie then raced away. Her guess was that Growlie was going to get help.. or perhaps get James.

The stranger grabbed Meowth after receiving several fury swipes, and threw him against the wall, near where Jessie was sitting. They then walked towards Jessie as she managed to ask, "Who are you?"

"I am a.. friend of Jessebelle's. She paid me good money to kill you."

Jessie scrambled over to Meowth, protecting him. "Leave Meowth out of it." She ordered, defending him before defending herself. Meowth was now unconscious, weary from trying to fight this stranger, who had completely manhandled him.

Jessie trembled, feeling too weak to move. One thing was certain, she wasn't leaving Meowth's side.

Suddenly, a large beam of fire hit the stranger, as Growlie was racing back over, with James. "Growlie, use take down!" James ordered, pointing to the stranger.

As the man tried to avoid the Pokemon's attack, James instead raced forward, and punched him as hard as he could across the jaw.

Blue and red lights flashed, as police cars entered the scene. Jessie's vision was blurring, and she was quite out of it, but awake enough to realise that the stranger sent to kill her had been taken away, and an ambulance was on the way.

James cradled Jessie and Meowth in his arms. He was an emotional mess, incredibly worried for his best friends. "Hey, stay with me guys. The ambulance is nearly here." James said.

As Jessie looked into James' eyes, she felt guilt and pain fill her. "James.." She croaked out, as James looked at her, his eyes welling with tears. "I'm sorry." Jessie apologised.

James shook his head, "We... we can talk about this later Jess.." He insisted, as Jessie tried to nod weakly. "Is Meowth okay?" She stammered as James looked at the cat Pokemon, who was still fainted. "I'm sure he will be okay." James answered, not wanting to worry her.

The ambulance arrived, but Jessie doesn't remember anything after that, as she had fallen unconscious.