Chapter 16 - Mechanic

A few mornings later, Sydney stirred and was sad to find herself alone in bed. Frowning, she turned over and looked at the clock on the nightstand – it was twelve thirty in the afternoon. She jolted awake and quickly made her way to the bathroom. She popped in her contacts and brushed her teeth before piling her hair on top of her head and taking a quick shower to wake up the rest of the way. After slipping on a tank top and a pair of shorts, she went around the house calling for Nathan.

"In the garage, Syd!" she finally heard him shout.

She found her flip-flops, went down the stairs then through the door to the garage. "I can't believe I slept that long…and that you let me!" She didn't see Nathan right away.

"You were up late working in the kitchen last night, I thought you needed a little break." He rolled out from under his aging Chrysler, surprising Sydney. "It's perfect in there, by the way." The kitchen remodel had finished up the day before and Sydney refused to go to bed until everything was in its place. They'd been eating takeout a little too long.

"You're…working on the car?"

Nathan stood up and smiled at her. He was in a pair of old, torn jeans and a white tank top, an unbuttoned denim shirt over top of it. There were smudges of dirt and oil on him in various places, his hair was a mess, and a shadow of his salt and pepper stubble graced his face. Sydney struggled to breathe for a moment. "Just finished changing the oil now, I did the brakes earlier this morning and…" He raised an eyebrow at her. "Syd? You okay?"

"You…work on cars…"

He laughed. "Uh huh. Haven't done it in a while, but I…honey?"

"So, you're smart, funny…you're handy around the house and musically gifted…and you can work on cars?"

"Wouldn't be fun to tell you everything I know how to do right up front would it? My 'honey-do' list would be…"

Sydney nearly tackled him, pushing against the passenger side door of the car, her mouth on his and her leg wrapping around one of his. "Honey do," she purred. She laughed at herself and found that Nathan wasn't exactly reciprocating. She pouted.

"You just got out of the shower and I'm filthy…"

"You know I don't mind dirt." She tugged at his earlobe and he tried not to smile.

"Fantasy of yours?"

"It is now." Her eyes lit up. "Susan's with your mother, isn't she?"

Nathan nodded. "Annual back to school shopping trip…" His hands went to Sydney's backside; he couldn't help himself. "Gonna let her have the car…uunnh…" Sydney's mouth moved to a rather sensitive area of his neck, one that always drove him crazy. "…senior year and all…"

"Very considerate of you." Her leg wrapped around his waist and she ground against him. "And you'll drive…what?"

"Later," he interrupted, his hands moving to the front of her body. They trailed along her stomach, lifting her tank top and exposing her lightly tanned skin. "Still my car for now…" He cupped her breasts, squeezing just enough to make Sydney bite at her lip. "…and I think…" Nathan picked her up and placed her on the hood of the car. "…I'll wash it before I give it to her." He kissed her lips, then trailed his tongue down her neck to the swell of her breasts. He pulled her top the rest of the way up, happy she'd skipped finding a bra before getting dressed. "You're gonna need another shower," he chuckled.

She raked her fingers through his hair as he sucked at her nipple. "You can wash my back."

"You make me crazy, you know that?" His mouth moved to her stomach and he kissed the new scar below her bellybutton.

"Well, you don't do a damn thing for me," she answered, sarcastically.

"Let's change that, hm?" He slid her shorts and panties down her legs, his mouth following. He didn't hesitate as his tongue lapped at her sex. "Mmm…" He hummed against her and a low moan left her throat. "Been a little while since I was here…miss me?" He pushed his tongue inside of her and she actually screamed, her voice bouncing off the walls of the garage. Nathan was…ridiculously gifted with his tongue.

Sydney's head swam, coherent words abandoning her as Nathan kept her hips firmly pressed against the car. She moaned and cursed until she came, Nathan growling into her as she did so. He licked at her causing her to all but mew and luring her into a false sense of calm. Her eyes were closed, her cheeks flush, and her breath ragged. "So…good…" she finally panted.

"She found her words." Nathan's voice was low. "How about I take them away again, hm?"

Sydney opened her eyes just as Nathan thrust himself within her. "Fuck!"

"Or dirty ones will do just fine…" He bent himself over her, enjoying the look of pure lust in her eyes. "On top of a fucking car…" He kissed her, his lips and tongue dominating hers. His pace was steady and firm, but not exactly rough. He seemed to be in between of two very different states.

"Nathan?"

He smiled down at her, now moving at a slow, smooth pace. "You know I love you, right?" He hooked his arms under her shoulders, bringing her body flat against his.

"Oooh…" she breathed. "…of course I do."

"When I take you like this…" He slid nearly all the way out of her body, teasing her. "…you know I…"

Sydney caressed Nathan's face and rolled her hips up, making him gently enter her again. "When you take me like this, it shows me see how passionate you are and, baby, you have no idea what that means to a girl."

His eyes seemed to soften as he increased his speed. "Show me," he teased. He used his pelvic bone to rub against her clit and Sydney began to whimper beneath him. "Oh, Syd…honey I feel you…" She came and he couldn't control himself, he spilled inside her, clinging to her body.

Sydney smiled, looking almost shy. "How many different places do you think we can do this?"

He slid from her body and they dressed as he answered. "Hm…there's something to think about, but for now…how about the shower?"