Prologue

It was warm out that day so his mother let him out to play. The boy, so small and feeble, was constantly bullied by the other children in his neighborhood. He went around the back of the building to run from his problems.

He ran from his problems but was met with his destiny.

Around the corner he was met with a girl. And not only did the girl already look out of the ordinary with mahogany skin and green hair, but she was on fire! The blonde boy panicked, and stood there gaping at her for what seemed like hours, but really it was only moments before he ran to the side of the building and picked up a small bucket filled with rainwater. He struggled getting back to her, but he did. He tipped the bucket over his head and let the water splash and soak her.

The fire went out and the boy breathed deeply. He stayed in place, waiting for her to do something. She kept her head bowed. After a while he began to worry. And he thought about running to get an adult. But then she moved, slowly and carefully. She raised her head and lifted her hair out of her face with her arm. She blinked a couple times before she laid eyes on the boy, she grinned widely showing two rabbit teeth.

The boy relaxed then, he lowered the bucket from over his head, his arms sore, and set it in the grass next to him. "You okay?" he asked.

She tilted her head but nodded. "Okay."

"Where are your mom and dad? Your parents?" He looked around for the two beings that could have made the creature in front of him.

She shook her head. "Not here."

He heard his mom call out to him, a little fear in her voice not seeing her only child playing in the front yard where she left him. He started to run towards her voice.

"Name?" she called after him.

He stopped and turned his head. "Rogers, Steven Rogers, but you can call me Steve."