My Queen

ANNA

Thor arrived, and was tricked and now he's caught. Loki enchanted me, no one can see or hear me, but I can view everything that's going on. I couldn't fight back either. Fire was the only element I could create and not just control and I didn't want to risk burning the helicarrier out of the sky, it already lost another engine. I could fly, but where would that take me before I would be caught in one of his tricks again? Phil came in holding a big gun and I smiled, there was hope.

"Move away, please." he tells Loki nicely after he knocks out the guard and I groaned. Now was not the time to be polite. Loki stepped back and then I realised it was just an after image. Phil kept talking. "You like this?" he asked, gesturing to the weapon. "We started working on the prototype after you sent the Destroyer. Even I don't know what it does." he changed the weapon and my eyes widened as I sensed Loki coming up behind him. "Do you wanna find out?"

I froze as he gasped and Loki stabbed him through the chest. I felt tears come to my eyes. "No.." I whispered as Thor yelled it. Loki throws Phil up against the wall and I feel it as his life starts fading, I drop to my knees finding it hard to breathe. Then he walks over to the red button and sends his brother out of the ship, down towards the earth. I started shaking, gasping for air.

Loki looks down after his brother, his face showing no regret. He closes the hatch and walks over to retrieve me.

"You're gonna loose." we hear Phil say. I look up at him and Loki turns to get closer to the dying man.

"Am I?" he asked.

Phil smiles, though the pain on his face is clear. "It's in your nature."

"Your heroes are scattered, your floating fortress falls from the sky, where is my disadvantage?" he asks, tilting his head.

"You lack conviction."

Loki scoffs. "I don't think I-" he was cut off by the blast Phil sent his way with the gun he was holding. Loki gets sent through a wall and I find myself laughing.

"Huh. So that's what it does." Phil remarks, smirking.

I look to Loki still lying in the rubble and I try to make a run for it but he shows up in front of me me right after I get through the door. I gasp in surprise and then narrow my eyes at him and growl. He pulls me along with him, not roughly but fast enough that he's practically dragging me. We get on a jet and we are off, speeding away from the helicarrier.

"I'm sorry you had to see that." he said quietly next to me.

"The part where you literally stab my friend in the back or when you metaphorically do the same to your brother?" I growl. "Oh! Or was it when you were put on your ass buy a dying man?"

He narrowed his eyes at me and I did the same to him. "All of it. A lady should never have to see the gore of battle."

I sneered at him. "I can't tell if you're lying or being really sexist right now."

"I am being sincere." He argued. "I'm sure that was your first witness of death of someone close to-" he said softly. "by the way you reacted."

I laughed. "You know nothing about me." I shook my head, still laughing. "My parents died within minutes of each other. My father of a heart attack when he witnessed my powers, and my mother of a broken heart when she felt him die. I was too young at the time to realise, to know what life felt like. My people were created to take care of life on earth. We were made to care for humans. Not love. Love was too strong. A human's life was too short. That's why we stayed on our planet and helped from a distance. But the Chitauri saw us and our peaceful ways and saw it as an opportunity for free land. They killed us, they killed my family. The ones who survived were forced to scatter. My mother was alone. Her parents and brother long dead. She decided to go to the one place she cared about. And she fell in love. She was made to care but she loved, she loved with all of her heart, all Medjordians do. And when that love was ripped from her, she was torn too. We weren't meant to love them, because we end up loving too much. And then they die. And we feel it. We feel their life leaving.

But I'm part human. I think I'm safe, but every time someone close to me dies I die a little too. Not completely. But just enough to feel a piece of my heart chip off. You don't know me, you don't know how it feels to be scared to make a connection with anyone around you for fear that you might fall in love and then they'll die. To be scared that the next death you witness might be the last because you don't think your heart can take it anymore. To have to run away before you realize you're falling in love with someone. To tell yourself everyday that you can't fall in love even though you know you've already fallen. And hard.. " I ranted, tears falling from my eyes, I looked down at my shoes.

I felt Loki's eyes on me. "Which mortal do you feel this way for?" he asked. What was I expecting? He wasn't a fool, though his actions at the moment my say otherwise.

I gave him a look out of the side of my eyes. "Steve." I admitted. What did I have to lose? What could he do about it?

He raised an eyebrow. "Is that the one with the shield or the metal one?"

I laughed, wiping away my tears. "I don't know why I'm telling you this." I shook my head. "The shield."

Loki stood, I didn't notice we landed. "Then he is to die first." He stood me up gently, tenderly, and we walked out of the jet.

I smirked. "I'd like to see you try. But hey, two birds with one stone if you succeed." I shrugged.

He stopped in his tracks. "No, I don't plan on your death."

"Uh, what?" I raise an eyebrow.

"You will be at my side when I rule this world, my queen." he grinned.

"Haha, uh no. Over my dead body." I spat and knit my eyebrows, who did he think he was?

"No dear," he started, "over Steve's."