Mighty Heroes

ANNA

"The Avengers." he said it like it was obvious but Loki looked confused. I smiled. "That's what we call ourselves, sort of like a team. 'Earth's mightiest heroes' type of thing."

"Yes," Loki grins, looking back at me. "I've met them."

"Yeah, it takes us a while to get any traction, I'll give you that one." he walked from around the bar, coming over to set the drink in front of me, it was either vodka or water. I smiled at the genius. "But let's do a headcount here. Your brother, the demiGod;" Loki grimaced. "an ancient alien girl with untapped potential, a super soldier, a living legend who kinda lives up to the legend; a man with breathtaking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, have managed to piss off every single one of them."

"That was the plan." Loki spoke.

"Not a great plan." Tony retorted. "When they come- and they will. They'll come for you."

"I have an army." Loki boasted.

"We have a Hulk."

The God smirked. "I thought the beast had wandered off?"

"You're missing the point." he shook his head. "There's no throne, no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe your army comes and maybe it's too much for us, but it's all on you. Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned sure we will avenge it." he spoke and I struggled but applauded him best I could.

Loki strides over to him, raising his scepter. My eyes widened and I bite my lip. "How will your friends have time for me when they're too busy fighting you?" Loki puts his spear to Tony's chest and I watch his eyes but nothing happens. Loki tilts his head and tries again. "This usually works." he mutters.

"Well performance issues," Tony remarks and I let out a giggle. "One-in-five-" He's cut off by Loki's hand on his throat and I let out a small yelp as he is thrown across the room. He mutters something I don't quite make out by the time Loki's hand is back around his neck.

"You will all fall before me." He tells him and I stand from my seat and gasp as he throws Tony through the glass window.

"What the hell-" I start to yell then a pod comes up out of an elevator racing after Tony. I sigh in relief as he comes back into view.

"And there's one more person you pissed off!" he calls to Loki. "His name was Phil." and as Loki raises his scepter Iron Man raises his arm and fires first sending Loki flying back. I took the chance and sat down bringing my knees to my chest, and my arms around my legs. I stood facing Tony holding my bonded wrists above my head.

"A little help?" I asked him. He fired expertly and the cuffs fell off. Just then the tesseract beams into the sky like when it did when it brought Loki to earth. A portal opens up and my mouth hangs slack.

"Right. Army." Tony says gravely. He flies up to it and I go to follow him but Loki catches my shoulder and turns me around to face him.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asks sinisterly.

I smile as I make the water in the glass raise behind him. "Out." I simply say.

"I don't think so-" he gets cut off by the water slapping him in the face and I race out of the broken window, following Tony.

I stop some distance away from where the portal was. From where the deadly, ugly creatures were entering. Their auras were dark with a blue tinge. Tony was holding a few back, but he was only one, and they were hundreds.

I froze up. Medjordians weren't made to fight. And that's why they died so many centuries ago. The Chitauri took them out and they hardly fought back. But no one was threatening Earth, the place they cared so much about, no one was thinking about it.

I am also human. Humans fight and make war everyday. How could I be made of two parts that were so contradictory? Peace and war? What side would I choose? But now humans lives were in danger. I had to fight. I had to protect them.

I snapped out of it and charred the few Chitauri that slipped past Tony.

"Nice going, spitfire!" the rich man in the tin can appraised me. I rolled my eyes but smiled as I destroyed some more of the vile creatures. We were actually holding them back.

I saw Thor fly over to Loki and smirked. He would get some sense knocked into him, hopefully literally. Tony flew close to me and held something out for me in his hand while sending little missiles flying at the aliens. I took the com unit from his metal covered hand and put it in my ear.

"Hey guys guess who's not a zombie soldier for the God of self entitlement?!" Tony spoke and I could hear the smirk in his voice. He started flying toward his tower, leading the Chitauri away. I followed him.

"Hello everybody." I giggled.

"Izzy." I heard Steve's relieved sigh in my ear, boy did these have good quality.

"Hi, Cap." I greeted him.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm fine." I said a little sadly.

Natasha's voice spoke in my ear before Steve could reply. "Stark, we're heading north east."

"What, did you stop for drive-thru?" He scoffed. "Swing up Park, I'm gonna lay 'em out for you." We got closer to his building and I broke away to fight off the stragglers who were attacking the scared New Yorkers. I saw the quinjet fly in and looked away to protect a few humans who were running for shelter. I looked back and saw the jet was blown out of the sky. My eyes widened in horror and my heart raced as I flew over to the crash site. I saw them a few yards away and flew down to greet them face to face. They smiled when they saw me, the biggest smile was on Steve.

All happiness was cut short when the city went silent. There was a chilling roar overhead and my eyes widened to see the large chitauri leviathan coming through the portal. It floated through the air, a bunch of little chitauri soldiers broke off and went to cling on buildings.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked in disbelief.

Tony matched his tone as he spoke over our coms. "I'm seeing, still working on believing." I saw him just hovering in the air. "Where's Banner? Has he shown up yet?"

We all quirked an eyebrow at Tony's question "Banner?" Steve asked. Last time I saw him he was trying to pummel me.

"Just keep me posted." He requested. And I saw him file in behind the Chitauri leviathan in the air. "Hey, Spitfire, I could use a little help up here."

I nodded. "On my way." I flew up into the sky and caught up with him quickly. "What's the situation?" I asked him.

"Keep tailing him." He directed me and I nodded, he flew around a building to the side of the leviathan, firing missiles at him. My eyes widened in horror as the big guy roared in annoyance and started following Tony.

"What now?" I asked him over the com's unit.

"Still figuring that out myself, gimme a second." He spoke in my ear and I groaned. Things were not looking good for us at the moment.