Clenching Victory

ANNA

It seemed we've been fighting these creatures for a lifetime, but I knew it couldn't have been that long. I sighed, out of breath when another swarm of Chitauri soldiers surrounded me. "Ugly.. Stupid.... Ugh!" I let out of clenched teeth as I attacked them. Would this ever end? I saw Thor and Steve on the ground handling their load, Hulk was getting attacked by the big guns, Clint was on his rooftop, Nat was working with the doctor below us, and Tony was.... Flying away from the fight?

My attention was pulled back to Natasha as she spoke in my ear. "I can close it! Can anybody hear me? I can shut the portal down."

My heart leapt for joy at those simple words. I swear I could have cried.

"Do it!" Steve called the order.

"No, wait!" The man in the metal armor interrupted.

"Stark, these things are still coming!" Steve complained.

"What are you planing, Tony?" I asked him, turning my head to watch him, still flying off away from the city.

"I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. I know just where to put it." He informed us.

"Good plan." Was all I could get out. My mind was reeling. Who sent the nuke? Fury? While we were still here? No... that's not his MO, I'd hope it wasn't at least. The Council. This had them written all over it. So they were just gonna destroy us and all the civilians without a second thought? I let out a growl.

I saw Tony heading back to the portal holding the nuke. I descended so I wouldn't be in his way. I decided to pay a certain god a visit. I landed on the part of the tower where I saw him last. He wasn't there but I noticed a path of destruction that had to belong to a familiar green beast. I followed the path and I found the god hanging out in a hole in the ground. I smirked and headed to the bar on the other side of him. I saw his eyes were closed and I quickly changed that when I stepped on and over his abdomen. He cringed and groaned in agony. I giggled and walked behind the bar, leaning over the counter.

"Morning, sunshine." I grinned at him. He eyed me wearily, a long frown on his face. I looked away for a second as Steve spoke in my ear giving Nat the order to close the portal. I then took the com's out of my ear and smiled. "Guess who just saved the world!"

"Whoop-dee-doo." He deadpanned breathlessly.

"I thought you would be happier." I grinned talking in his secret language. "I'm gonna go to Asgard to keep you company."

He perked up a little then, though still wincing in pain. "Truly?"

I nodded. "A deal is a deal."

His frown seemed to get deeper then. "Isabellianna." He whispered my name in the accent of the foreign tongue and I was prepared for the familiar chill that went down my spine.

"Loki." I returned the gesture.

"I don't want you to go anymore." He spoke quietly.

I scoffed and raised an eyebrow. "I well I'm going, soo...."

"If the Titan sees through my ruse he will surely come to kill me, and you would be next on his list."

I put my hand over my heart. "I'm honestly offended. I thought you knew better, Jötunn, I am nothing like my predecessors, let today be an example."

His eyes ran over what he could see of my body. "You're hurt." He noted.

I didn't even look down, I felt the burns on my skin but I pushed the pain away. "I'm going and you can't change my mind." I looked out the window where Clint, Steve, Tony, Thor, and the Hulk had gathered on the roof with Natasha. "Look presentable will you, my buddies are coming in." They started walking over quickly.

He groaned and started to get up as they gathered behind him. He gripped the bar counter to lift himself up and his green eyes met mine for a split second until he lost his grip and fell on his ass. He looked up to see the Avengers, ready and willing to attack at a moment's notice. My heart swelled a little with pride and a little sadness.

"If it's any consolation, I think I'll have that drink now." Loki said in defeat.

"Drinks are for good little gods who don't try to take over the world." I reprimanded, crossing my arms over my chest. I saw Steve's blue eyes flicker between me a Loki a few times. His gaze finally settled on the god, eyebrows knitted in anger. His aura was a little green. I rolled my eyes, nothing to be jealous about, Cap. "Cuff him, Thor." I said like they did in those golden age cop shows Natasha has made me analyze.

Thor's eyebrows raised in surprise. "Right." And he went over to handcuff his brother.

"Um Anna, you're a little... Red." Natasha pointed out and I looked down at my hands quickly, she was right. I must have dropped my camouflage while focusing on the fight.

I shrugged. No use in camouflaging anymore, I didn't care, I was leaving anyway.

"Alright, we need to do a little regrouping, count our losses. Meet back somewhere after everything has cooled down." Steve spoke.

"Hey spitfire, we're going to get shawarma, you in? I'm paying." Tony informed me delightedly.

I sneered at the thought of it. "No, thank you, who's going to watch the God?" I nodded toward the Raven haired man who sat, broken on the floor. They all looked at each other. I sighed. "I'll take him to Fury."

"Jet's on its way." Clint chimed in to tell me as he mixed a drink. I nodded to him.

"We'll meet back at Central Park at ten AM tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?!" I asked quickly. "Why not tonight?"

"We have to get some rest, Izzy." Steve's eyebrows knitted.

"We have to get some rest Izzy!" Loki mocked the spangled man, turning into him."

I pouted. "I guess." I whined, but then I looked away. Was I eager to leave them? To go live with people like Thor and Loki? To leave the world I was born in? Where I grew up? I twirled a strand of my greenish gold hair absentmindedly.

"They're here." Clint spoke.

I nodded and walked around the front or the bar counter to pick up Loki. He looked up at me in admiration but I ignored him. I grabbed his arm and went to help him up. I struggled for a couple of seconds before Steve helped me, manhandling the mischievous prince. I actually felt sorry for him. We walked to the jet and I secured Loki in a seat. Steve was just standing there like he didn't want to leave us alone. I turned to face him, looking up into his innocent blue eyes. He pulled me into a hug, I returned the embrace, immediately feeling tears come to my eyes.

He leaned away and caught my chin with his large hand. "I'm glad you're okay." He whispered huskily.

"Same here." I put a small smile on my face.

He leaned in to kiss me and I placed my hands on his wide chest and turned my head away. Loki caught my eye, he was looking straight ahead of him, a grimace on his face. "Izzy?" The blonde called my name.

"I... I can't." I looked back at him.

He started to let go. "Alright." He said sadly. He pulled away from me completely, I took a step back. "Be safe, see you in the morning."

I wrapped my arms around myself and looked down. "Yeah, see you." He turned around quickly and walked off the jet, the ramp closed behind him and the pilots began the procedure to take off. I collapsed in the seat next to Loki.

"Well that went well." Loki spoke to me still looking forward.

"Shut up." I groaned and rested my head on the jet wall behind me.