He's Adopted

ANNA

We were stunned in the briefing room after the screens that were showing Loki locked up went black. I looked over to his brother, Thor, who looked torn apart. It was silent for a while then Bruce spoke up.

"He really grows on you, doesn't he?" he laughed awkwardly.

"Loki's gonna drag this out. So," Steve, sitting next to me, turned to the other blonde in the room. "Thor, what's his play?"

He didn't make eye contact with any of us as he spoke. "He has an army called the Chitauri." he said and I nearly choked. Everyone looked at me except Thor.

"They are ugly things, they don't belong to any world, and they killed my race." I explained, my blood boiling. Under the table, Steve grabbed my hand and I gave him a small smile.

Thor nodded. "He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract."

"An army?" Steve spoke up. "From outer space?"

"So he's building another portal." Bruce concluded. "That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asked, concerned.

"He's an astrophysicist." he explained.

"He's a friend." The God corrected.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Nat spoke and I looked down thinking of Clint.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him, he's not leading an army from here." Steve asked and I nodded.

"My thoughts exactly." I spoke up.

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki, that guy's brain is a bag of cats, you could smell crazy on him." Bruce shook his head, I agreed with that too but I still wanted to know why he went along with us so easily.

"Have care how you speak." Thor warned Banner. "Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother."

"He killed eighty people in two days." Natasha deadpanned.

"He's adopted." Thor grimaced.

"Iridium," Bruce spoke again. "What did they need the Iridium for?"

Tony walked in, lead by Phil. And as they started talking science stuff I tuned out and stood, walking over to Natasha. "So how are you going to approach this?" I asked her.

She smirked. "I was thinking Protocol Eight."

I raised my eyebrows. "G.C.B.C.?" I asked and she nodded. "With who?"

"You, you're going to be my bad cop." she explained.

"But.. I don't-"

"It's good, you already hate the guy, just let that loose and butter him up for me."

"You sure about this?" I bit my lip.

"You'll do great." she assured me.

____________ÆÆÆÆÆÆ____________

I took a deep breath and gave a last glance to Natasha as I was sent in to face the monster. She nodded me on. "Just don't kill him before I can get to him." she joked behind me.

He was pacing slowly when I walked in, and when he saw me he smirked. I kept my face expressionless. I sure did feel like slapping him again.

"So you've come back for more?" his crooked smile almost sent a shiver down my spine. Almost.

"Please," I scoffed, rolling my eyes. "You know why I'm here."

"Yes," he nodded. "You want to know why I'm here. And the simple answer is, you captured me." He grinned.

I shook my head. "No, I know why you're there in a cage." I played dumb. "I want to know why you would dare to show your face here on earth."

He laughed. "You talk as if you don't enjoy my company." he pouted playfully. "You are a magnificent creature, aren't you?" he whispered quietly to himself, probably not knowing about my hearing. His eyes took me in.

"I don't enjoy looking at your ugly face, that's for sure." I sneered, growing a little uncomfortable under his gaze.

His eyebrows knitted. "Your friend Clint warned me about you. It seems you have grown spoiled by your time here on earth, Medjordians used to be such humble people."

"What did I tell you about using that word!" I yelled at him, getting closer to the glass.

He mirrored me and stepped closer. "What will you do about it? I'm already caged. Will you kill me?" He gestured to the red button that would release him to the hands of gravity.

I bared my teeth at him. "Who do you think you are, I should kill you! You're bringing the same race that killed my people to help you take over my home!"

"Selfish woman! This isn't about you!" he yelled at me, a tint of blue under his pale skin.

"Everything can't go the way you want it!" I yelled right back, I was sure my skin was going red. "Stubborn man!"

"Foolish girl!" he spat.

"Idiotic disgrace!"

His eyes widen and he takes a step back as he goes silent for a few moments. "Who exactly do I disgrace?" he asks quietly, the blue in his skin disappeared.

"Your home, your people, and your family." I told him.

"I have no family!" he insists.

I sigh. "The people who raise you are your family. They took you in, cared for you, and you hurt them."

His jaw was clenched. "But you know not the wrongs they did onto me. You know firsthand what kind of people they are." He spoke slowly. "If I were king at the time of the fall of your people I would have sent help." he tried appealing to me.

A laugh bubbled from my lips. "No you wouldn't," I shook my head, "you only care about yourself, you wouldn't have given my people a second thought. You're just like your forefathers." I said, a smile on my lips.

"I'm nothing like them!"

"You keep telling yourself that," I shrugged. "that's all I got for you." I turned, walking away.

"You should show your true colors more, Medjordian." I could practically hear the smirk that curved his lips.

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours, Jötunn." I called to him, not turning around.

I walked out of the room with a smile on my face. Nat was grinning. "You were perfect!"

"Thanks," I said sheepishly. "I think I worked him up good enough for you, he'll just want to yell at someone right now."

"And he won't care what he yells." she confirmed. She waved to me as she went in next. I watched her on the screen outside of the door. Loki was expecting her. But she gave a few sensitive details of herself. And in no time he was ranting and yelling at her.

"This is my bargain, you mewling quim!" he insults her.

Natasha turns away from him, faking disgust. "You're a monster." she says quietly.

Loki laughs confidently. "Oh no, you brought the monster."

Her head shot up and my eyes widened, realising. She turns to face him again, all signs of distress gone. "So Banner.... That's your play."

Loki's expression changes quickly. "What?"

"Loki means to release the Hulk." she speaks into her coms. "Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well." she then turns to Loki. "Thank you, for your cooperation." she turns and walks out quickly, she looks at me and pulls me along with her. We leave Loki in his cage, wondering what just happened to him.