Reindeer Games

ANNA

We watched as Loki rounded up the people like cattle. We were edging closer and closer.

"Drop me off here." Steve said behind us. Natasha and I shared a look as she opened the ramp. He jumped down and ran to the scene, just in time to save an older man from being executed. We flew up behind the Captain. "I'm not the one who's out of time." we heard him say to the alien.

"Weapons hot." I told her and she nodded.

"Loki, drop the weapon and stand down." Nat spoke over the intercom. And before I knew it, we were swerving out of the way of one of Loki's attacks, but that gave Steve the chance to catch him off guard and throw his shield at him. They began to fight and we stood back and watched.

"Kneel!" the emerald alien ordered Steve as he pushed the tip of his spear to his helmet.

"Not today!" Steve does a flip and knocks him out of the way.

Natasha is watching intently next to me. "The guy's all over the place." She mutters and I bite my lip.

"What the-" I say as a song starts playing over the intercom, I start pressing buttons to see where the interference is coming from. Then my favorite rich guy spoke.

"Agent Romanoff, Roarke, did you miss me?" Tony greeted us and I grinned.

Iron Man flew in on the scene and pointed his whole arsenal at Loki. "Make your move, Reindeer Games."

The alien put his hands up and shrunk back. His armor fading away like a dream. I narrowed my eyes.

Tony accepted it and put his weapons away. "Good move."

I turned to Natasha. And she was already looking at me, eyebrow raised. "Stay on your toes." she told me and I nodded.

After the people cleared out we landed and the men boarded. I focused on Loki's aura, but that didn't tell me much. It didn't tell me what he was planning. He sat quietly and Steve and Tony conspired in the back as we took off again.

Nat called up Fury. "Target captured, en route back to the helicarrier now."

"ETA?" he asked in our headsets.

I checked the flight gauge. "T-minus twenty minutes." I spoke.

"Said anything?"

Natasha shook her head. "Not a word."

"Just get him here. We're low on time." he told us and then hung up.

I shifted in my seat as I felt his eyes on my back. He was tied up and cuffed to his seat but something told me that if he wanted to leave, he could, easily. I took a deep breath and focused on co-piloting the quinjet.

My eyebrows knitted as I watched the storm form over us. "Where's this coming from?" Natasha muttered looking at the ominous clouds.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve spoke to Loki.

"I'm not overly fond of what follows." the trickster spoke and I felt fear radiating off of him and it clicked on my head just as a blinding light hit the jet and it shook as something-someone landed on top of us.

The ramp opens and Thor in all his greatness comes in and scoops his brother up and leaps out. Tony immediately suits back up.

"Now there's that guy." Tony whined.

Natasha looked to me. "Another Asgardian?" I nodded to her.

Steve was still in shock. "Think that guy's a friendly?" he asks.

"Doesn't matter." Tony answered him. "If he kills Loki or frees him, the Tesseract is lost." he turned to jump out after the gods.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Steve yelled at the billionaire.

"I have a plan," he closed his helmet, "attack." and he jumped out after them. I rolled my eyes at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked Steve as he grabs a parachute to follow.

"I'd sit this one out, Cap." Natasha said cautiously.

"I don't see how I can." he shook his head and secured the parachute.

"These guys come from legends." she explains "They're basically Gods."

Basically, I scoffed.

"There's only one God, Ma'am, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that."

I opened my mouth to say something but he already leapt out of the jet. A growl came out instead.

Natasha looked at me. "You're red." she noted and I looked down at my hands and tried to calm myself... It wasn't working. "Go." she told me.

"Go after them, get Loki back, you're more capable than all of them."

I bit my lip but followed her order. She was right, of course. I took off my headset and unstrapped myself from the seat. I looked back at her before I flew out of the jet. She closed the ramp behind me. I searched the forest for Loki's aura signature. I found it easily. I flew down closer to him I found he was left alone on a cliff. I facepalmed at the men. I landed quietly a few feet away from him. I walked up to him and he turned around at the sound of my footsteps, ready to fight but then he saw it was me and he smirked.

"Ah, it's you," he purred. I got a good look at him, he was looking much more healthier than last time, less crazed, less ominous.

I narrowed my eyes, crossing my arms over my chest defensively. "Yes, me. The one who won't think twice about incinerating you if you blink the wrong way." I told him.

"Well, I don't think you would do that, your heart wouldn't be in it anyway." there was a glint in his emerald eyes. "You think yourself brave, but you are no different from the humans you surround yourself with, Medjordian."

My eyes widened as soon as he spoke my peoples name and I backed him up to the cliff side. "Don't you dare speak that name, Asgardian. You have no right. Your people idly stood by and watched as mine were taken out, one by one."

"But you see, love, they are not my people, Thor not my brother and Odin not my father." he explained and I wanted badly to wipe the smirk off off his face.

I shook my head. "You were raised by them, they are your people. Never speak that word again." I warned him, growling.

He put his chained hands up in defeat. "You are more spirited than your ancestors. You'd think if they'd have been more like you then you would have a family and a people to claim-"

I cut him off with a slap to his perfect pale face. When his head snapped back he was grinning at me. We stared at each other.

"Uh, Izzy, we've come to an agreement." Steve spoke behind me and my head snapped in his direction to see the three heroes standing together. Thor's mouth was hanging open, Tony's helmet was up and he smiled at me, Steve looked concerned. I walked up to them.

"Next time, maybe don't leave the captive alone to have a pissing contest." I told them.

"We held no such event." Thor said confused. I rolled my eyes.

"You can land now, Nat." I spoke to Natasha over my com.

"Copy." she spoke in my ear.