Chapter 21

Wow, I made twenty one chapters so far and still a lot to go! And also, this update is on the same day as chapter 20! I had to make them two different chapters otherwise it would be too long. Don't expect it to be good! I was in a rush. Also, short chapter. Anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter, don't expect an update soon, BYEEE!
...............
It didn't, that was the good part but the bad part was that a door opened up. Gee Percy, how could a door be bad? You may wonder but this door looked creepy, especially in the dark. The door looked dark and haunted as the now fully risen up moon shone a narrow passage of stairs leading down. It look old and rusted, there were giant bugs like spiders and centipedes crawling on each side of the wall. On the opening, there was mold and cobwebs. It reminded me of a passage into the underworld except grosser.  Luckily Annabeth wasn't here or she would freak out at the sight of spiders. I wonder what she was doing. "Let's go," Thalia said slowly.
   We entered the passage one at a time, trying to stay centered. If we moved one bit, we would hit the wall and all the bugs, gross.

Annabeth's POV

   I was now in Boston. I walked around in the snow looking for a good place to hand out the flyers. "Over there," my dad said pointing.
   We walked there and started handing out flyers. As we were, I noticed a guy with wiry black hair with scraps of paper in it. His eyes so dilated that the irises were all pupil. He was staring and looked alarmed. I looked away for a second and when I looked back, he disappeared.

Percy's POV

   We were still walking down what seemed like an endless set of stairs. "We shouldn't of helped him," Phoebe complained.
   Suddenly, I saw a flickering light  "it's the bottom of the stairs," Thalia whispered. "There's something down there,"
   Thalia was in front and Phoebe was in back of me. We reached the end of the stairs. "Left or right?" Thalia asked quietly.
   "Left," I said
   "Right," Phoebe said at the same exact time.
   I sighed. "Fine, right,"
   We slowly moved right and turned reached a corner and turned. "Don't we have to find the 'treasure' too?" Thalia asked quietly.
   "I even know what treasure she's talking about though," I whispered. "Let's just find them and get out of here,"
   "But it might be important," Phoebe argued.
   "Do you really want to spend more time in here then needed?" I asked
   "Not really,"
   "That's what I thought,"
   We reached a hallway that was just rusted metal. There were four doors, two on each side. "We should check them," Thalia said.
   "Umm, which one..." I said not wanting to go in.
   "Door number two," Thalia said pointing to the first door on the left side.
   "Okay..." I said slowly.
   Thalia slowly reached towards the knob and turned. She opened the door and immediately let go of the knob. The inside was completely dark, I peered in but couldn't see anything. Thalia's eyes suddenly turned red and started screaming. "Uh..." I said not sure what to do.
   "Thalia!" Phoebe said going towards her and holding Thalia's hand.
   Thalia fell to her knees. She started gagging and holding her neck. "Umm," I said still not sure what to do.
   "Close the door!" Phoebe yelled to me.
   "Ok," I said.
   I closed the door. Thalia eyes turned normal and she panted, out of breath as if she ran a marathon. "Are you okay?" I asked.
   "Sure," Thalia said. "let's just try another door,"
   "Are you sure?" Phoebe said raising an eyebrow.
   "Yes, but this time, I'm not opening it,"
   "Well I'm not either,"
   I sighed, "fine, I will,"
   I closed my eyes as I opened the door. When I opened them, inside the door was camp half-blood. "Huh," I said.
   I walked forwards into camp. The door behind me disappeared, I didn't notice. Something wasn't right, the colors were too bold. "Guys..." I said looking behind me.
   They weren't there. I looked around wildly and walked forwards into the forest. "Percy!" A voice said.
   It was Annabeth. "What are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be searching for your cousin," I said
   "Well... A shelter found him!" She said.
   I looked into her eyes. They weren't right, like it was grey but it wasn't the right shade. Suddenly, she got really pale. "Annabeth? Annie? Annabeth?" I said trying to get her attention.
   Her eyes went out of focus. I backed up. She started coughing.  "Annie? Are you okay?" I asked again.
   Something definitely wasn't right. She hates being called Annie even by me and no matter what situation, she would correct it and say don't call me that and give you a death glare. Suddenly, Annabeth started melting, like literally melting like wax. "Annabeth!" I yelled. "Annabeth!"
   She completely melted. I was sad but at the same time a little grossed out but mostly sad. "Uhh..." I said not sure what to do now.
   "Percy!" I heard a voice calling. "Percy!"
   I opened my eyes. It was Thalia and I was still in the dumb hallway. I got up. "I'm fine," I said.
   "No one asked if you were even okay," Phoebe said.
   "Next door! Your turn Phoebe," I said.
   "What!? No! It's probably going to be the same thing," Phoebe said.
   "We still have to try,"
   "Fine,"
   Phoebe walked to door number three and put her hand on door number three. Suddenly, we heard loud footsteps. "Open the door!" Thalia said.
   "But-" Phoebe said
   "Just do it, it might be an exit!" Thalia whispered.
   Phoebe twisted the knob, took a deep breath, looked away, and opened it, not knowing what was going to happen.
...
CLIFFHANGER!!!