Chapter 2

It's been a few days since I got back

It's been a few days since I got back. When I finished reading out Nanna's letter we didn't know what to think. I guess we just needed some time to think. So after a few more drinks and a lot of talking, my friends went home and my parents and I went to bed.

The following few days seen me, with the help of my friends, move into my apartment. When I was done unpacking I noticed the letter Nanna wrote on the coffee table and I decided to go see her. I mean I hadn't seen her since I left for uni and I felt bad for not going and seeing her since I got back either. A day with Nanna was long overdue.

"Hi I'm here to see Marylou Stevens please." I told the lady at reception.

"Sure honey, what's your relation?" said Jessica according to her nametag.

"I'm her granddaughter."

"No worries. Just sign in here and her unit number is 23C. Just walk out here, turn left and follow it along till you reach her unit." She smiled, giving me the directions as I signed in.

"Thanks." Smiling back at her to show my appreciation.

Other than getting lost in my thoughts and walking a bit too far, Jessica's directions were perfect.

I knocked on Nanna's door and waited while I heard movement inside.

"Who is it?" Nanna asked as she started to unlock the door.

"Not telling!" I smiled at her as her eyes lit up when she realised it was me.

"My angel! Oh goodness! Come in, come in. My goodness, look at you! And your hair! It's purple. It looks good on you though, makes your dark eyes pop." Nanna gushed as we sat down at her little dinning table. Well she did, I went into her kitchen, which was in the same room, and made us a cuppa.

We talked for hours about anything and everything. We always were like that. Being able to talk and tell each other everything, knowing the other one wouldn't judge for your opinions. We spoke about my uni course and being away from home. Her health and how it had gotten worse, not enough to need full time care but enough to warrant her moving somewhere she could get the care and help she needs, without putting us out. Although we have told her a million times we wouldn't mind taking care of her. We also spoke about our views and opinions on what is going on in the world etc.

As I was getting my peach lip balm from my bag I seen Nanna's letter.

"Hey Nanna, is what you wrote in this true?" I asked handing her the letter.

"Oh good they did pass it on then" Nanna smiled and I thought I saw a hint of something else in her eyes but I blinked and it was gone. "Yes Angel its true. I know you never really believed my stories when you were little. You just thought they were all tall tales. Thinking I swapped out the names of characters for my friends names. But they are all true. Every last one of them. And when I was 20 my friends and I, even your Pop, wanted to leave behind a little adventure for us to have later in life if we ever got into town at the same time, or for a future group of friends." She sighed. I can only imagine the memories she must be having right now.