Chapter 8

I've always been one to make everyone happy before myself

I've always been one to make everyone happy before myself. Always bottled my own feelings up, not talking to anyone about them, not even posting anything on my many social media accounts, just so I wouldn't worry anyone.

It's been a week since I found the new clue at the mini golf course. Once I got home with it I sent a message to the group letting them know I found it. I even went to see Nanna the next day, one to give her the trinket box back and to get any insight of what the clue could mean.

"Think about it Angel."

"Peaceful and Quiet
Make a wish
But don't advertise it"

"What would you use to make a wish?" Nanna prompted.

"Candles, dandelions, wells, and fountains." Candles and dandelions were out. You usually made a wish on birthday candles and it would be hard to hide a clue in a candle. And the only way I can see Nanna and her friends hiding a clue if it was to do with dandelions would be in a field or patch of them but Warrnambool doesn't have anything like that. That left the well at the botanic gardens and the number of fountains around town.

When I came to this conclusion after I found the clue I messaged the group again. I got bombarded with messages about when are we going to go searching and asking me to help them with things.

I really wanted to find Nanna's treasure for her, but at the same time I was getting tired of this treasure hunt. Every time we found a clue I was the one to organise when we would go looking for the new clue.

Nanna warned me that this scavenger hunt would lead me to find something other than her treasure.

"Just be careful okay? You may find more secrets along this journey than you were ready to find."

I never thought it would lead me to see that I was miserable with my life. Always putting others before myself. It wasn't until Nate had said something.

I guess I was always aware of what I was doing; I mean I did have days where I would shut everyone out just like everyone else. However at the same time I also would smile and say I was okay just that I was a little tired from not sleeping well. Talking with Nate just made me focus on it rather than supressing it to the back of my mind.

The messages were getting on my nerves, they were all asking me to help them with something. I felt like I was still at home living with my parents and them asking me to do things for them, even if I was busy doing my homework or if they were perfectly capable of doing it themselves they just didn't want to get up and do it so they would make me.

Something in me just snapped. I couldn't take it anymore, so I told them. It wasn't my best moment. Just like I think what happened with Nanna and her friends we started to fall a part. Zara was hanging out with Justin and his friends more and more. Bre threw herself into her studies, Carter into his sports. Issac just sort of dropped off the face of the earth. Nate was the only one who really stuck around trying to keep us all together, which just made me even more confused about my feelings.

Secret TreasuresOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara