Chapter 9

"Nate what have you done?" I looked at him in disbelief

"Nate what have you done?" I looked at him in disbelief. I think he planned this walk from the beginning. He has somehow managed to get everyone to the Gardens.

"I, well, you all need to sort your shit out, Nanna put us ALL on this quest. I have a feeling we are almost done too, so if you can't forgive each other for, I don't even know, you need to at least act civil for a little while longer for MaryLou's sake, okay?" I looked at him dumbfounded; he never talks that bluntly, so he must be frustrated with us.

I looked around at the others and saw that they all shared the same look, which I can only image would be mirroring mine.

"Well you got us here, what we don't know is why?" Zara asked Nate, looking irritated.

"You all go the clue when Lisa found it right?" Everyone nodded. "Well it could mean a fountain or a well. Knowing Nanna she wouldn't have left it in a fountain, it's too easy to get damaged and such. So the next place would be the well here in the Gardens. You know a make shift Wishing Well."

I gave Nate the evil eye, he just made me walk all over town looking at all the fountains having me think that the next clue would be at one of them.

"So lets go get this over with and check out the well." Issac states as he starts walking in the direction of the well.

We all started following him, and soon we had started walking in pairs. Breanna and Zara were walking together, while Carter and Issac were trying their best to trip each other over. Nate was beside me. While we were walking though I couldn't help but notice the girls and the guys were talking to everyone but me, with the exception of Nate who tried to include me into the conversations.

We have all been friends for years and they stop talking to me because I said no to helping them? To me it seemed like a really stupid reason to break up years of friendship.

Nate bumps me. "Don't stress Lisa, it's just their pride."

I give him a grim smile, he is right, I know he is but that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Since I was being ignored I let my mind drift as we walked.

★★★★★★★★

*Flashback/Daydream*

I looked up at him as he did the same and we locked eyes. I smiled and poked my tongue out reaching over to tickle him.

I was going to win this staring contest. I mean I could look into those beautiful green eyes forever.

"There is no hope of you winning Anna so you might as well give in now while you still have your dignity in tact."

"Oh how gentlemanly of you Luke but no, it is you how will loose at this."

Just as I was about to try another tactic I use to make someone blink in a staring contest, he starts to lean closer. He places his hands around my waist pulling me close. I keep staring at his green eyes as his head keeps moving closer to mine.