Chapter 1

Lorianne was boarded on a Lady Sapphire cruise for her little vacation as a gift from her fiance's friend. She's supposed to be with him but he has many very important things to finish before their wedding so they can travel for their honeymoon.

She decided to go up at the deck for awhile. While she's approaching the deck she noticed the woman seated alone in a seat at the far end of the deck. She walks toward her. As she gets closer she noticed their similarity. She looks almost like her, the height, the skin tone is as fair as she has, even the hair. Strange. Maybe she's a relative she thought.

"Hi! I'm Lorianne, napansin ko na nag iisa ka, ok lang ba umupo sa tabi mo? (" Hi! I'm Lorianne, I've notice that you're alone here, can I sit beside you?)" She introduced herself and extended her hand for a hand shake.

"Sure, I'm Clarissa by the way, Ako lang ba o talagang may similarities tayo? (" Sure, I'm Clarissa by the way, is it just me or we really have similarities?)" Clarissa said smiling.

"Mmmm, I think you're right. I've noticed it too." She replied.

In a quick glance they could be mistaken into twin. They both have the same face bone structure. Only when you are closer to them you could tell difference. Lorianne's eye lashes are long and curvy that matched her protruding hazel eyes, while Clarissa's though it's long but not curvy that shaded her almond shaped eyes.

Lorianne has beautiful prominent nose, of course she has a Spanish blood. While Clarissa is typical Filipino nose not like those of aetas of course. Lorianne has a beautiful luscious full lips while Clarissa has thin lined lips.

"You're engaged?" Clarissa asked while her eyes are set to Lorianne's finger that is resting in her lap.

"Yes, We're getting married soon." She replied smiling.
"Bakit hindi mo kasama ang finace mo? ("Why your fiance is not with you?)" Asked Clarissa

"He's a lot of things to finish before our wedding, so we can have our long honeymoon. Besides, after our wedding we will be together for the rest of our lives. Kaya ok lang na hindi ko sya kasama. (So it's okay that he's not here with me right now)." She told Clarissa.

"Sana maranasan ko ring makapagsuot ng engagement ring. (I wish I could wear an engagement ring too)." Clarissa said, laced the sound of sadness in voice.

Lorianne smiled and pulled out her ring in her finger. She looked at Clarissa and said.

"Here, try mo ang singsing ko, makasubok ka man lang habang nag iintay ng Prince Charming mo.(Here, try to weary ring so you have experienced wearing an engagement ring while waiting for your Prince Charming)." And she wears the ring in Clarissa's finger.

"Ang ganda! (So beautiful!)." Clarissa said admiring her ring that is shining whenever she lifted up through the rays of the sun.

They felt that something's happening downstairs. They stood up to go down when the cruise suddenly sway that made them thrown onto the floor. They tried to get up again but the sway in no longer smooth. It's like they were hit by the fierce force that throwing them fiercely on the railings.

They could hear the screaming and crying downstairs. Right in her very eyes she could see that people are coming up the deck now. They are all in panicked. She just held the railing as the cruise slowly waving goodbye from the surface of the ocean.

She closed her eyes and said a prayer.

A prayer that if ever they will sink rescue will immediately. She could see Clarissa at the opposite side. She's not moving anymore. She wants to move towards her side but she couldn't move anymore. Her body were pressed in the railing with a huge body.

"Lord I place my life into your hands." She prayed before she lost her consciousness.

----