Chapter 16

Lorianne couldn't understand the reaction of every people who've seen her.  When she asked the tricycle driver to bring her to Jean's house he stared at her too long like he have seen a ghost.

"Kuya wag no along tinititigan ng ganyan na parang nakakita ka ng multo. (Brother don't stare atbme like that like you have seen a ghost.)"  She said.

She's about to knock the door of the house she also lives with Jean. She doesn't have key, she list it when the cruise sank.

"Ineng, wala ng nakatira dyan, lumipat na si Jean sa bahay ni Franco. (Child, no ones living there anymore, Jean has moved in to Franco already.)" Said the voice from behind.

She faced to the person talking behind her. She couldn't believe what she heard. Jean and Franco? This is why Franco didn't look for her?

"Patay ka na. (You're already dead.) "Said the old woman shaking in fear. She's their neighbor.

She's shocked. What is she talking about. She calmed herself before she speak.  

"Lola Tenay, buhay po ako. Hawakan nyo po ako, totoo po ako hindi po aparisyon. (Grandma Tenay, I'm alive. Touch me, it's me I'm not an aparation)" She took the old woman's hand and held it in hers. The old woman cried.

The old woman invited her into their home only few meters away. Even the old woman's family also shocked when they saw her.

She learnt that all the people in their town thought that the woman they buried is her. Because of the same feature as hers and the woman was wearing her engagement ring.

She told them that she's the woman she met at the cruise and she let her tried her ring and that when the cruise is sinking never had a chance to take it back.

Now she understand why they didn't find her. Its because they thought the Clarissa was her.

The old woman told her too that Franco and Jean just got married.  She tried to find in her heart how  she felt. But it's strange she is not angry or anything. No one has fault about the outcome of the tragedy.

Since it's already late to go to cemetery  the old woman told her to stay at the house and go the next day. She also invited her to stay for the night.

She woke up very early. When she went down the old woman is already downstairs in the dining room having her coffee.

"Magandang umaga po Lola Tenay (Good morning Grandma Tenay)" She greeted the old woman.

"Magandang umaga din syo Yane, nakatulog ka ba?(Good morning too Yane, have you slept?"

"Opo, mahimbing nga po ang tulog ko. Salamat po sa pagpapatuloy sa akin (Yes, I sleep well. Thank you for let me stayed." She replied.

"Wala yun, magkape ka muna. (Have some coffee first before yo go)."

"Punta ka na ba sa sementeryo (Are you going to cemetery now?" The old woman asked.

"Opo, papalitan ko ang lapida ni Clarissa. (Yes, I will change Clarissa's tombstone.)" She replied 

"Sabihab ko ang apo ko na ipag drive ka papunta doon. (I'll ask my grandson to drive you there.)" The old woman said.

"Wag na po Lola Tenay, kaya ko naman po pumunta mag isa. Maraming salamat po. (No need Grandma Tenay, I can go by myself. Thank very much.)" She replied.

"Ikaw and bahala. (It's up to you)" Replied the old woman.

After she finished her coffee she went outside and hailed a motorcycle that will bring her to the cemetery. Thanks to the old woman who gave her the information she needed so she could find the grave immediately.

When she reached the cemetery and paid her fare she went directly to the grave yard. She felt compassion to the woman laid in there. No ones even looking for her in that case.

She went to the shop who engrave the tombstone. She asked to change the name in the grave under her name. She wrote Clarissa Lizbeth Llanes the  correct name of the woman inside the tomb and not Lorianne Sandoval. She told to the man it's a mistake.
She paid for the new tombstone and left.

Thanks to his husband who gave her more than enough money to use.

Her next destination. Franco's house.