Chapter 7

"Nauuhaw ako! (I'm thirsty)"
She said in a hoarse voice. She slowly opened her eyes it's too bright. She closed again and open and she looked at the surrounding. Where is she?

"What did she said?" The doctor asked the Filipina nurse.

"She said, she's thirsty." Replied the nurse.

"Sandali lang Miss, ikukuha kita ng tubig (Wait a moment Miss. I'll get you a water." The nurse told her.

"Salamat!(Thank you!)" she replied in a hoarse voice.

While the nurse is getting a water, the doctor help her to sit up. He put her pillow in her back. Then the nurse handed a water bottle with plastic straw to the doctor.

"Here, sip a little in this straw, not too fast." Said the doctor.

Now that the woman has opened her eyes he couldn't help but admired Lean the most beautiful eyes he has ever seen. Those lips sipping the water from that straw is very sweet. The nose that's like being curved by the great sculpture. She's beautiful. Her skin is pale due to lack of sunlight.

"I'm Leandro." He moved towards the bed when the nurse have finally took the water bottle and put in the bedside table. "You were in a coma for almost a month." He told her.

"I'm..." Shocked. Her tears racing down her cheeks.
"I --- I can't remember my name..." She admitted.

"Don't worry your memory will come soon, but don't force yourself to remember everything, just slowly." Said the doctor.
"Now that you are awake and all your vital are well. We can release you anytime soon." He continued.

Fear. Terrified. Or whatever you call it but that's what she felt right now. If she will be released from the hospital where she will be going? She doesn't even know her name. Does she have any family? If she does why they aren't here with her. Are these people her family? No that's for sure. This one is a doctor. The other one is a nurse. Who's this man?
She closed her eyes, she tried to remember things. She couldn't be like this.

They all noticed her when she winched from pain and told her.

"You may take your rest now. I'll remind you once again, don't force yourself to think. It will give you headache instead."

"I'll be back later to check, bye for now Mr. Dell Valle." Then he left. The nurse followed through.

"Go to sleep Lizzy, I'll be right here." He said after the doctor and the nurse went out the room.
What has come into his mind why he called her Lizzy. He has no idea where did she get that name. It simply rolled in his tongue just to let her feel she's not unknown. That she will not feel abandoned. He will pretend that he knows her so that she will not force herself to think. The doctor said that she must not force herself to think.
If she doesn't feel that someone knew her she will force herself that might harm her memory even more.
So it's better to be this way. When her memory comes back he could explain. He's sure she will understand that what he did is for her own good.
Settled.