First Chit-Chat

Annabeth's POV

I sipped my cappuccino. "So, you're British?" I could hear the accent. Hermione nodded and pulled a book out of her bag. It was titled 'Hogwarts: A History". "I came here for a vacation. Do you love reading? I've read many books, but this is my favorite."
My eyes shone. Finally I've found a friend! "I do! I love reading architecture books. It seems that... you love history?" Hermione smiled. "I'll tell you a secret about myself. Why do you sense that I'm different."
I gulped. She didn't look like a demigod, but she surely wasn't a regular mortal. "I'm a witch. I can do magic." My eyes widened. My friend, Sadie is an Egyptian magician! But I didn't think Hermione was that kind.
"Um...okay. Guess I should tell you about myself too. Well, I'm a demigod. Half-god, half-human. I fight monsters." Hermione's eyes widened. "Who's your godly parent?" "Athena, goddess of wisdom." I straightened myself.
"I love Greek mythology too, but I seldom touch this subject. I didn't study at a normal school, I studied at..." She pointed at her book, "Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. We wizards and witches learn to do magic there."
Cool! "Well, I study at normal schools during the school year, but during summer, I go to Camp Half-Blood, a summer camp for demigods. We learn sword fighting, archery, pegasus riding and stuff like that." I knew Hermione wanted to say,"Cool!" or something like that, but she restrained herself.
"You're 18, aren't you? I'm 18 too." I nodded. "Are you dating someone?" She smirked at me. I blushed. "Um, yes. His name is Percy." I wanted to embarrass her too. "How about you?" Hermione blushed. She fingered the edges of her book. "Me too. He is Ron."
I looked at my watch. It was late. "I need to go now, please help me pay for the coffee!" I took five dollars from my purse and put it on the table. "Wait!" Hermione called. "I'll give you my phone number. Call me often."
"I can't call you often, because cell phone waves attract monsters. But I have a phone too. I'll give you my number." Hermione laughed. We exchanged phone numbers and I left.
Great, I had a new friend, which is a witch.