Mango Ice Cream and MnM's

Hermione's POV

Annabeth stared at the pile of monster dust which was slowly being blown away. "I've never fought next to a person who knew me so much, you know." Annabeth smiled at me.
I looked at Annabeth. She looked so like me. We both love reading, and both brave and smart (OK, sorry for bragging). And we saved our boyfriends out of trouble everyday. Annabeth didn't tell me that, but I just knew it.
"I've never seen someone so alike me." As soon as I said that, Annabeth's gray eyes twinkled. "Me too," her lips curled into a playful smile. "Let's go get some ice cream, without some monster stall owner." We walked on the pavement in search of an ice cream stall.
Finally, we saw an ice cream shop. We walked into it and queued up at the self-service counter. When it was our turn, our hands both grabbed the ice cream scoop in the mango flavor section. See, same coffee, same ice cream. We laughed.
After filling up our cups with mango ice cream and MnM's, we paid at the counter and sat down to eat. "Mmm," I savored my ice cream. "I've fought tougher monsters than this," Annabeth said as she bit into a MnM.
"Such as?" I prompted. "Last year, I fought giants four times my size. They don't disintegrate at one touch of my sword. They heal very quickly. Of course, my mother was at my side to help me once." I heard from her voice that she had been through a really tough time.
"My friend, Harry, and my boyfriend, Ron... we hadn't even graduated seventh year. Last year was the Battle of Hogwarts, and we had to fight the darkest wizard of all time, Voldemort. We camped in the woods and we had to move once in a while. We fought, and had a really bad time... but we're still friends." I told her my story to reassure her.
"My friends and I... we had seven people. We defeated Gaia, the earth goddess, but... one of us died." Annabeth's eyelids drooped. "Never mind. During the Battle of Hogwarts, a lot of my dearest friends died too. People will die." I patted her shoulder.
"It's fine." Annabeth finished her ice cream. "Enough pep talk. Let's send you back to your hotel."