The Journey

Hermione's POV

Annabeth was there, looking all cool. She'd drove to my hotel in a Honda Civic. She got out of the car like a car show model. Wearing sunglasses, she glanced around.
"Hey." I patted her shoulder. She did not jump. "Hey." She greeted back coolly. "Get in the car." We got in, she revved the engine, and we took off. I checked my reflection in the side mirror. "Looking good," Annabeth joked.
"So, I'll tell you an interesting fact of the Empire State Building. I love architecture, you know," Annabeth smiled. I thought she was going to rant about how many floors there were in the building, how is the building structure, et cetera. But no.
"There is a 600th floor on the Empire State Building." I gasped. I thought it was only a hundred or more floors! "Of course, mortals don't know that," she veered to the right, "it's Olympus."
No way. "Are you kidding?" Annabeth smirked. "Why would I kid about that?" I stared at her in awe. "Will you take me up there?" Annabeth shook her head lightly. "That's no place for mortals." My shoulders drooped.
"Never mind, "I wanted to impress her too. "Do you know King's Cross Station in London?" She nodded her head. "There are platforms in whole numbers there. That's what Muggles, non-magic people, know. But for us wizards and witches, there's another platform: 9 and three quarters.
"We just had to run through the wall between platforms 9 and 10, then we will arrive at the magical platform. The Hogwarts Express will arrive at the platform. It's the only way to Hogwarts, but, well, my friends Harry and Ron found another way, which involved a flying car."
Annabeth stopped at the red light. "Wow." It was the only word she could utter. She was awestruck. I was pleased. "Why don't we listen to some music? What's your favorite?" Annabeth asked. "Classical piano. It helps me to study." She nodded her head in agreement.
She turned on the radio. Richard Clayderman's "Marriage D'Amour" flowed from the speakers. We hummed to it. The red light turned green. We continued our journey in the piano music.
I saw a glimpse of a tall building. It must be the Empire State Building. "We're reaching our destination," Annabeth announced.