This Is Not The End

Hermione's POV

I had started working at the Magical Law Enforcement Department for half a year now. I also hadn't seen Annabeth for half a year already since that last time at Camp Half-Blood. That explained why I always felt empty these days.
I immediately Apparated to see her.

                               × × ×

She was in an alley, battling a huge monster, as big as a mammoth.
I aimed my wand at it. "Stupefy!" The monster froze and fell backwards. Annabeth sliced off its head and it disintegrated into dust. She ran towards me. "Thanks."
"Let's go have some cappuccino." She suggested. So, I followed Annabeth through the streets. Finally, we arrived at that café. Where we first met.
I cast a good cleaning charm on her and also a repairing charm to fix her tattered clothes. After that, she looked clean and tidy. "Great," we walked into the café.
A waiter came and asked us what do we want. We said in unison, "Cappuccinos." The waiter looked dumbstruck. We smirked. "So, how're you?" I asked her.
She was studying at college with Percy at another camp for Roman half-bloods (Wow). There's a town there for half-bloods to work, get married and have kids without needing to worry about monsters (double wow).
Annabeth was studying architecture, her favorite subject. She was doing very well on it. She got good grades. Percy was studying oceanography and he really liked it too. He also got unexpectedly good grades, Annabeth had to give him his kazoo back. I laughed at that.
I told her about my job as a ministry governor. A very busy job, but sometimes I got to do some really interesting things. Finally, I took a deep breath and said,"I had felt very empty these months. Now I feel whole again."
Annabeth nodded. "Me too," as the waiter served us cappuccinos. I sipped my cappuccino. "I've always wanted to do something with you," Annabeth put down her cup. "Mm?" "I want my wand and your knife crossed together."
Annabeth smiled. "Okay." She took out her knife. I took out my wand. We held them and put them in an 'X'. "Wand," I said, holding up my wand. "Knife," Annabeth grinned, holding up her knife. We crossed our arms together. "Cross!"