A Visit To Olympus

Hermione's POV

"Ding!" The lift doors opened. "Welcome...to Olympus." Annabeth announced. Wow. It was the best place I've ever been. The gardens bloomed with colourful flowers. Butterflies and bees hovered over them. The smells were so pleasant.
We also saw an ancient Greek city, but new and clean. People bustled around. Many stalls were selling scrumptious food. I heard some piano music. It was The Nine Muses cranking up tunes. Merlin's pants, this place was a paradise.
Finally, we saw a big palace. It was white and gold, very magnificent. "This is the gods' throne room," Annabeth explained. "You better not go into there, the gods will smite you if they're in a bad mood. And they always are."
I decided not to go into the throne room. I stood there, staring at the whole place with awe. If I could live here, I'll be happy everyday. I could study magic in peace.
Suddenly, my stomach growled. Annabeth laughed. "Looks like you're hungry, just in time for lunch." My face turned red. We walked past a food stall. The aroma of the food made my stomach growl once more.
"Blueberry pancake, miss?" The stall owner asked me. She had elfish features. Her skin was light green, and she had dark green eyes. Her brown hair was braided with flowers.
"She's a dryad, a tree nymph." Annabeth whispered in my ear. "I would like two, thank you." I told the dryad. She whipped up two pancakes, still hot and fresh. "Five drachmas," Oops. It might be the currency of Olympus. I didn't have any.
Annabeth rummaged her purse and pulled out five gold coins. She put them on the dryad's hands. "Thank you. Do you want some nectar drizzled on top?" The dryad asked. I was about to say yes, because I thought it was something like honey. But Annabeth shook her head and we took our pancakes.
I chomped on my pancake. Delicious. Best pancake I've ever eaten. If I had some honey drizzled on top it would be better. "Why didn't you want nectar drizzled on our pancakes?" I asked.
"Nectar is godly food. If a mortal drank nectar, he'll disintegrate into ashes. We half-bloods can drink nectar, but no too much. Or else we'll meet the same end as mortals. We drink nectar only to heal injuries." I nodded and finished my pancake.