Monster Catastrophe

Annabeth's POV

"That's it, time to go down," I told Hermione. "Goodbye, Olympus," Hermione muttered under her breath. Then, we walked slowly towards the elevators.
"Thanks for bringing me up here," Hermione smiled. "No prob," I said as we ascended into the elevator. The doors closed and we began to go down.
"Ding!" The elevator doors opened. We were back at the lobby. We were about to walk towards the exit when the doorman jumped up from his seat. "Half-blood! Why did you bring that mortal up there?" He exclaimed.
"She can see through the Mist. Rachel went up there once before she was made Oracle. So, why can't I bring Hermione up there?" The doorman looked stunned and nodded his head slowly. "All right," Good, case closed!
We walked out of the building. The sun was scorching hot. "It's so hot. Want some ice cream?" I asked Hermione. Hermione nodded and we went to an ice cream stall nearby.
"Hot afternoon, girls. Choose your flavor here. " the stall owner smiled at us. Wait. There was something weird about him. He was very tall. His smile was malicious. And he had only.... one eye. "Run," I whispered to Hermione. We immediately took off at full speed.
I looked behind and saw the Cyclops running towards us at top speed. I pulled Hermione behind a big tree and rummaged my bag. I took out my invisibility cap. "Wear this, and run. I'll stay and fight the monster."
Hermione shook her head. "No, I'll fight next to you. I'll use my wand," she took her wand out of her pocket. "Fine," I rolled my eyes as she smirked. "Let's fight, witch," I took my knife out of my shirt sleeve.
We charged the Cyclops. I tried to stab his thigh but he lunged at me. I ducked, rolling onto the ground. Hermione pointed her wand at the monster. "Stupefy!" A red light shot out of her wand. The monster froze and fell to the ground.
I ran towards the monster. He was still struggling to unfreeze. I stabbed him on his side and he disintegrated. "Woo! We did it!" Hermione and I high-fived. I was kind of surprised that we knew each other for just two days, but we could defeat a monster together so easily. She must be my best friend.