An Unexpected Call

Annabeth's POV

I woke with a start. Nightmares again. Ever since Tartarus, they never stop haunting me. My body was cold with sweat. I climbed out of bed and looked at the clock on the wall. 8:30 am.
I washed myself. It was Sunday, no school. The smell of waffles and pancakes wafted into my room. I quickly ran to the dining room. I was living in Percy's apartment in Manhattan.
Percy and I were spending our senior year in New York together. Next year, we're going to college in New Rome. I had decided to study architecture. Percy was going to study oceanography.
I found Sally cooking breakfast in the dining room. Paul was reading a newspaper. Percy was nowhere to be seen. "Good morning, Sally, Paul," I greeted them.
They greeted me back. Sally served us pancakes and waffles. I drizzled them with honey and bit into a waffle. Delicious. I sipped the coffee. Coffee. That reminds me of Hermione. Where was she now?
"Good morning, everybody," A drowsy Percy walked into the dining room. His hair was a rat's nest and there were still drool marks on his chin. He sat down and drowned his pancakes with maple syrup.
Suddenly, my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID. Hermione. I had just saved her phone number into my contacts yesterday. I picked up the call nervously. Hope no monster sensed it.
"Hello, witch," I smirked. "Hey, demigod," I could feel her smirk at the other end of the phone too. "So, what's the problem?" "No problem, actually. I plan to visit the Empire State Building today and... mind being my tour guide?"
I smiled. A girls' day off. Sounded good. "Sure. Where's your hotel?" She told me the address. "OK. Be there in ten minutes. Bye!" "Bye!" Hermione ended the call.
"I'm going out with a friend today." I told Percy. "OK," I thought I heard something in Percy's voice. Like someone released him out of a cage. I sneered at him. "Don't think that I'm not at home then you'll be free," I began to walk up the stairs. "You must finish your homework before I come home. I'll check," Percy frowned. "Whatever you say,"
This will be a great day, I thought as I combed my hair.