Chapter 14

The moment I opened my eyes, a sharp pain strikes my head, making me press the remaining air out of my body sharply. My hands reach up to my throbbing head. What happened to me? I look through the room, recognizing my school's nurses office. But something catches my attention. A raven haired boy, with his head rested on the white sheets of the bed I woke up in.

Nathan...

He seems fast asleep, not waking up as I shift a little away from him. Why is he here? And why am I here? Maybe I should wake him up, he probably knows the answer, since I can't remember anything. Slowly, I reach my hand towards him, stopping in track to look at his sleeping face. Black strands of hair fell into his face, mouth slightly opened and cheeks a little puffy. I feel like a creepy stalker right now, but he looks kinda cute. My shaky fingers brush away his hair, to reveal his long lashes. Why am I touching him?

My index finger pokes his cheek, I could feel the vibration of a moan coming from him, as he shifted away from me and turning his head to the other side. He's really adorable when he's asleep. Suddenly his eyes fly open and he jolts up. My hand is still in midair, my body leaning towards him. I pull back immediately, blushing at his sheepish smile he flashed at my reaction.

"How are you feeling? Do you still feel dizzy?", Nathan rubs his eyes, scratching the spot I had touched before. "Uhm... I- I'm fine, but my head hurts." he nods, leaning back into the blue plastic chair he sits in. Looking around as he continues, keeping his face turned so I can read his lips. "You really got me dead worried when you past out there. And I'm sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have asked you about your personal life.", he looks back at me, his green eyes piercing through mine, pulling me mentally closer (that sounds so weird) as he continues, "I won't say that I know you or that I know what's your fear, but I do know that I want to help you with it. If you want to." Shocked about what he had just said, I lower my head, watching my hands as they intertwine with the white blanket that covered me.

"I don't know.", I whisper more to myself than to him. I'm confused and I'm scared, different scenarios of what might happen keep rushing through my brain, keeping me restless. Flinching at his warm hand touching my forehead, he immediately pulls back. I turn my head towards him. "Do you hate it that much? Being touched by someone other than family or close friends?", I keep staring at his lips, like I missed a part or hoping he'd just say goodbye and leave. I don't want him to know about this, I never want to talk about it again, but everything makes me remember. Everything brings back memories of that day, of the guys and what they did. There is just no way I'll ever be able to set my mind free, much less forget it ever happened.

"As I said before, I don't want to talk about it.", keeping eye contact, I recognize a vibration around my waist. It's a message from Claire.

Baby Bro! What happened?? Nathan send me this panicked text about you fainting! What is wrong? Did you do it again? Write me immediately, I'll get my mom to pick you up later.

Tears stream down my cheeks, while I read the message. Why is everyone so worried about me?

"Thank you.", I turn to face Nathan, who looks confused at the tears that dripped on the bed sheet, leaving dark stains. "Thank you for bringing me here and contacting Claire." I try to smile, only receiving an unconvinced blink. "Uhm, why did you thank me?", why is he asking this all of the sudden? Isn't it clear? He helped me. "Because...", his question confused me.

"Give me hug in return!" I think I won't be able to stand this guy! What is wrong with him? "I don't...". His eyes watch me closely as he adds: "If you really want to thank me for that, you can do that by just hugging me. It's not that hard to do, is it?" But for me it is! He knows I don't like being touched.

"Why-", I start, but get cut off almost instantly "Just hug me, it's all I ask for." He gets up from his chair looking down on me. My body shakes a little as I sigh, crawling out of the bed to stand in front of him. "But really why-", he wraps his arms around me, making me stop in mid sentence. My body stiffens and the time feels like it stopped around us.

A few seconds passed and he finally let go of me. "See, it wasn't even that bad. Just remember, I won't hurt you, okay?". I want to believe you! I want your words to be the true, but they said the same things, they promised they wouldn't do anything I don't like!

"So with that, you have agreed to let me help you with your little phobia.", his slightly cracked lips from a gentle smile. How can this person be so determined, he doens't even know me! My eyes widen in shock. "I never agreed to anything!" Why is he doing this?