Chapter 16

I'm so fucking glad I cleaned my room before, I can't even! We throw our bags next to my desk, to get them out of the way. I turn around to face him: "So do you want to eat something?" He nods and takes the lead downstairs, looking through our kitchen. "Maybe it would be best if I'd cook.", laughing I lean against the counter, watching a confused Nathan. "But I don't want you to stand too much. We could still go to my place, if that's okay with you."

I think I'm pretty much capable of cooking on my own, thank you very much. But still, he's kinda right, I still feel a little dizzy. "I don't care, either way is fine by me.", with these few words, a huge grin crept on his face,as he grabbed my hand and pulled me after him, out of the house and onto the streets. Looking down at the warm hand that had mine in a tight but sill smooth grip, I feel my heart pounding against my chest. Fighting the urge to pull it away, I follow him towards his house down the road.

It's really hot compared to both of our homes, his was even colder than mine and even the furnishing was different than ours. It was more modern and stylish and his kitchen was just plain and simple... wow. I've never seen anything like it before (Except for cook shows on TV). I turn to see Nathan smile at me, still holding my hand, squeezing it lightly. "Is there anything you don't or can't eat?", I bite my lip, wanting to run away from the feeling his grip send through my body. "No, I can eat everything." He gives me slight smile, letting go of my hand.

"That a side, you just go to my room, I'll call you- I mean, I'll bring the food when I'm ready. It's the second door on the left. Up the stairs.", he saidlooking at me in an apologetic way. "Sorry.", with that he left to go to the back of the kitchen, leaving me standing there.

Walking up the staircase and following his instructions, I check out all the pictures hanging on the walls leading to the different doors. Framed images of a young child, looking similar to Nathan, smiling with a little gap in his front row of teeth, green eyes shining brighter than they do now. One of them shows him hugging a dog twice his size, another one with several birds on his head. I'm guessing he likes animals.

I stop looking at the cute pictures and enter the room he had told me was his, and I'm guessing I'm correct. It was bigger than mine, so was his bed and the window that let the warm sun shine inside. His walls were plain, not many things were hung up unlike the hallway. A rather big cages catches my attention, so I walk over to it, just to back up again. Three pairs of red eyes stare up at me, shifting to get a better glance of me. Rats? Really? I kneel in front of the metal cage standing on the floor and watch the petite animals sniff in my direction, trying to get as close to me as possible. Well that was unexpected.

I reach out my hand to let them lick over my index finger, before quickly retreating it, wiping it on my pants. Cute, but also kinda disgusting. Interesting, in other words. Two white ones, the other one is black. Getting back up, I continue to look around, but there isn't really anything mentionable except for his pets. His desk is quite small and packed with paper, binders, books and other stuff. The closet in the back corner is, to my surprise, not as big as mine, which had to be due to my love of clothes. There wasn't really anything else in here, so I go back to the cage, watching the small creatures go back to their normal...whatever rats do, and enjoy my time. I always wanted a pet, but my parents think I'm not capable of taking care of one, since I can't even take care of myself, for that matter.

The black one climbs up their little house, standing on it's back feet to lean forward in my direction, it's little nose moving quickly. Humming, I reach out my hand once again, petting it through the metal fence. Well, they're actually really cute, maybe I'm going to get me some, too. The other two do the same, but this time, they seem to be more interested in something behind me. Unsure, I turn around, to see an amused Nathan standing there with two plates and two small bottles of water tugged underneath his arm. He kneels before me, placing everything on the fluffy carpet I've been sitting on. "You actually like rats?", he smiles, before sitting down next to me. Blushing, I look at the plates with pizza piled on top, nodding to answer his question. Much cooking he did there.

"I'm sorry, I actually can't cook, so I just put some pizza in the oven, I hope that's okay for you.", he laughs, catching me of guard and causing my blush to invade the rest of my cheeks. "Are you okay? Your face is pretty red.", right when he wanted to reach out a hand, I lean away from him, avoiding his gaze. "I'm fine." No, I'm actually not and I really don't want to be here, right now. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see his hand retreat and a small frown turning his sweet lips upside down. NO! Stop thinking like this, his lips aren't sweet. Or?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

170 reads?! Oh my fuck, I can't believe it! Thank you guys so much, for reading my story and I hope you like it so far!!! Please leave a comment or a vote, I'd really appreciate it!