Chapter 23

I almost fall out of my bed, as I roll around for a few times. But after I have successfully gotten up, I rush over to the bathroom, wanting to get ready as quick as possible to get my stuff done before having to get ready again! What a stressful day, indeed. I brush over my teeth extra long, watching myself as I do so. I have to admit, my face looks tired and worn out, no wonder considering all the events that have occurred the last days.

My hair was getting a little too long for my liking, much to my disappointment. I hate going to the hair dresser, you know, the whole touching and talking thing. It is very hard to have a normal conversation with someone who's constantly walking around you. So yeah, one of the many things I do not really enjoy.

I spit out the remaining toothpaste, rinsing out my mouth and washing my face with cold water. As I dry it off, the door gets violently pushed open by an angry looking Alex. "Morning.", she stands next to me, staring at her reflection for a few seconds, rubbing underneath her eyes. "I'll leave you at it.", I rush out of the bathroom, not wanting to be anywhere near her. I have to say, she's even worse of a morning person than I am! Her mood is like really bad and she gets easily pissed at everything.

I go through my closet, just to actually stay in what I was wearing for now. It's not like I'm going to leave the house before the party. Grabbing my phone and an empty bottle, I make my way downstairs. It appears I am the first person to have actually woken up (Alex isn't fully awake yet, so she doesn't count), as the blinds are all closed, leaving the whole downstairs area in darkness. Maybe I should make some breakfast, my parents would probably very much appreciate that.

After a few minutes and a little cut on my pinky, breakfast was finally ready, so was Alex, she was sitting at the kitchen counter, her head rested on the surface as she watched me prepare everything. Thanks for helping. Soon after, Mom comes wobbling down the stairs, yawing as she entered the kitchen, greeting us both with a tired smile. "That's so sweet of you, Skylar. I'll go get your Dad real quick, he's still sleeping." She steals a piece of apple that I cut. "Don't bother, just sit down and I'll go kick him out of bed."

With that I pace up the stairs, entering the first room, to my right, aka my parents bedroom. The blinds were half opened letting in at least a little sunshine. My dad, the big man he was, is scattered all over the king sized bed, his limbs stretched out to as much as possible. I wonder if he's snoring, as far as I can remember he used to. "Dad? I made breakfast, so if you don't want Mom to eat all of it, I'd better get up."

I close the door behind me as I head back to the dinning room, seeing Alex and Mom chatting while reaching for various things I have put on the table. "It's really good, thank you sweetheart.", the blonde haired woman said, as I take the seat next to her, answering her with a simple smile. And believe it or not, but a few minutes later a grumpy man joined us, his eyes squeezed at the different things he was not yet able to choose from.

After our little breakfast, I left Alex with the cleaning, she didn't help me after all and go back to my room, to do whatever I should do now. To be honest, I was a little clueless, there wasn't really anything I could do. I grab my fully charged watch and put it around my wrist, only to see the message from Dillon I haven't read yet.

Good morning Sky, I forgot to tell you that the party will start at around 6pm, but I can imagine you already know that from Claire. Anyway, I'm looking froward to seeing you later on this day, you know, get to know more about Claire's best friend.

Hm, well yeah, I am her best friend, but I don't really think that describes our relationship accurately, it's more like siblings. Twins, to be even more accurate. I would be a total nobody without her by my side, but the way things are changing right now is scaring me a little. I'm more and more drawn to Nathan, sometimes even replacing her and to be honest, I don't really know if that's a good thing. She did say that she was happy about that, though. Am I that much of a nuisance to her?

I mean, she always says that I shouldn't lean on her too much, but I never thought of it that way. Maybe she's actually annoyed by my incapability of taking care of myself. But I can't just ask her, wouldn't that be weird? Also, I should start to act more independent, so I won't piss her off.

I grab my phone to reply Nathan, as hard as it is, but I already accepted my invitation, I can't just back out of it. And to be honest, I'm kinda relieved he'll be there as well. (That's probably pretty weird to say, but oh well)

Hey, It's fine, I don't mind, I'll tell you when you're being annoying, so don't worry about it. Also, I'm already invited and actually going to go to the party, so I guess you have a partner in crime. Claire told me to ask you if you want to drive with us there. She would pick us up at around 6pm.

I'm very surprised at how casual this sounds, like, I didn't even mention the thing with the waitress but who cares, as long as I asked him if he wants to go with us, everything should be fine. Leaning against the window I look outside, the sun was pretty hot already, the glass was a little heated up. There wasn't really much going on outside, everyone was probably still asleep or still eating or whatever people like to do in the morning. I take a few glances up the road trying to see Nathans house, which was harder than expected due to the window.

There were two cars parked on the driveway, I notice his, a black pickup, but the other one wasn't there when I was at his place. I'm guessing it's his mom's ordad's car. This actually shouldn't be any of my concern. The watch around my wrist vibrates softly, as the screen lighted up, showing the WhatsApp sign.

Great! This will be fun, don't worry okay. I'll take care of you. Also, I'd love to tag along, that means I can actually drink alcohol haha. I'll see you later.

Like I need someone to take care of me. Ha ha ha... well I actually do, after all, I'm trying to leave Claire alone for a while. But it's still so much time until the party and I have no idea what I should do now! Come to think of it, I should have a little homework I can finish beforehand.

Even after finishing my schoolstuff, there is still like 6 hours left until I have to get ready. I let myself fall on the undone bed, closing my eyes, before curling into a ball. This is so weird, I'm actually going to go to a party, like, what is happening lately? All these changes are making me go mad, first Nathan, now the party and not to forget Claire. I never even noticed her being annoyed by me, but it makes a little sense.

Maybe I should try sleeping for at least a few hours, get some rest before the night.