Chapter 29

The cold water felt good and made the nausea vanish a little, not all the way to my disappointment. Nathan handed me a towel to dry myself of, still rubbing my back gently. "Do you want something to drink?", we stared at each other through the mirror, since my back was facing him. I had to try really hard not to drop my gaze down to his body, because that would have been more than embarrassing. The movement of his hand had stopped but the warm sensation was still present.

"Sure.", I manage to choke out, rubbing my face with the towel one last time. Nathan smiled as he lead the way down to his fancy ass kitchen, pointing to the chairs that were standing at the counter. I took a seat, burring my throbbing head in the sweaty palms of my hands and waiting for him to give me something to drink.

A light tab on my shoulder made me look up. "Here you go. It's important to drink a lot of water.", he placed the glass in front of me, taking a seat next to mine. The water was cold, soothing my aching throat a little, as I took a few sips. I glance over to Nathan who was staring of into nothing, deep in thoughts. Maybe he's thinking about the same things I am, maybe he's also confused about what's going on. If I ask him...

His head turns towards me, catching me looking at him. "How do you feel?", his lips curl up to a smile, but his eyes maintain clouded. "Better. How about you, aren't you hung over?", I asked, irritated of his vitality. "No, not really. I'm kinda used to alcohol, unlike you." I can't help but grin at his statement, taking another swig of my water. "So what are we going to do today?", he seemed hyper as he asked, his eyes slowly gaining their shine back.

"I'm doing nothing, I just feel like laying in bed for the rest of my life.", I admit, earning a laugh from Nathan. The weird feeling inside me pitched in again and I just couldn't help but think that he was cute. "I wish I could hear your laughter, it seems cute.", covering my mouth immediately, I look at Nathan with wide eyes. Why did I say that out loud?

He seemed surprised, as he watched me trying to cover my face, my cheeks probably red. Nathan takes my hands in his, smiling gently. "You're not missing anything, I sound like a pig that just got shot." I laugh, even though I was feeling so embarrassed. There is something about him that makes me feel save, Secure and also kinda happy. I don't understand, I mean, whenever I'm with Claire I know she'll protect me from others, but he's different. Everything is different when it involves him and I don't know why that is.

"But then there's you on the other hand, you sound like a freaking angel, I'm not even kidding.", he smiled, his hands still holding onto mine. No idea if it's possible, but I think the blush just increased and I'm starting to feel really hot and sweaty. "Do you want to spend the rest of the day with me? My mom won't be coming home until tomorrow, so I'd be all alone.", he gives me the puppy eyes, while he asked, trying to convince me.

"Sure, but can I, like, get something to wear from my place?", the shirt wasn't really covering anything, since it wasn't that big on me. "I think you look fine as you are.", smirking he looked me up and down. I pull my hand out of his grip to place it on my lap, as some sort of protection. "A-as I said, I have to get some stuff.", I cough trying to get that weird sensation out of my throat. "Fine, do you want to go like this?"

After that, I put my pants on and headed over to my place. Alone. I told Nathan to wait for me. As I unlocked the door, both my parents and Alex come running towards me, everyone wearing a worried expression on their faces. That's right! I totally forgot to tell them about my change of plans. "Oh thank god! Where were you?", my mother was clinging onto my neck, as my Dad asked, a mixture of anger and relief displayed in his features. "You guys, I'm so sorry! I slept at Nathan's place and I forgot to ask you first.", mom let's go of me, tears wetting her cheeks and lashes.

"It's alright, after all, you never actually go out, you were probably just caught up in the moment.", she smiled, small wrinkles forming next to her eyes. "It won't happen again.", I assure them, before heading upstairs. Of course, Alex followed me, wanting to know everything about the party. I didn't tell her about the kiss and the conversation between me and Nathan, since I still haven't figured it out on my own. She wasn't quite happy with my answers, but she left soon after I finished getting a few things together. The battery of my watch had already died, so I decide to leave it behind for charging.

I quickly run into the bathroom, brushing my teeth, after all, I threw up this morning. My hair was a literal mess, so I just combed it back a little (with my sisters brush of course). I look at myself in the mirror and to be honest, I look way beyond exhausted, also, the hangover is still present even after throwing everything up. My skin looked slightly irritated and dry, so I decided to dab on some cream, not wanting to look like an idiot when I go back to his place.

My heart beats faster as I make my way downstairs, for no particular reason. I mean, I'm just going over to Nathan's place, I've been there the whole night, so there should really be no reason for me to act like this now. "I'll be back later.", with that I rush out of the house, not wanting them to ask any more questions. It's not like I have any answers.

The door to his house was open, no idea if I left it open or not. With out any warning, I enter, heading straight to his room, since he wasn't downstairs. Slowly, I open the door, seeing him leaning outside the window, but from where I was standing, I could only see his back. I watch him for a second, slightly amazed by his muscular back. "Have you ever heard of clothes?", I ask, grinning as he turned around with an amused expression.