Chapter 39

I get the food ready to bring it up to Nathan, who had already painted a quarter of the room. "I made us something to eat.", I wasn't really sure on how to approach him after everything that happened down there in the kitchen. He turned towards me with a smile: "Thank you so much." He put all of his stuff down, walking over towards me. "Here try this.", I hold a half of a sandwich towards him, but instead of taking it in his hands like a normal human being, he bites off of it.

"You're neither a child nor an animal.", I state looking at him in amusement as he kept on eating out of my hand. "And? I don't care. Oh and it's actually pretty good.", while he ate I started to as well using my other hand, since he occupied it. I can't believe I'm feeding a 17 year old, and on top of that, we're talking about Nathan. As soon as he had finished, he licked his lips like a cat, looking at the one I was eating.

With an extra heavy sigh, I let him try mine as well, since they both had different things on them. "Your's is good too.", he said, stretching his back a little. We both finished the rest of the food before continuing our work, he even lectured me on how to correctly paint a wall, since all I was doing was splash paint all over us. And with that, I mean all over us, we had it in our hair, faces and clothes, in the end it didn't even matter whether I splashed it around or not.

"Good job on getting us dirty.", he laughed as his in paint covered fingers trace over my face, making it stick everywhere. "Don't you dare!", the small brush I was holding on to, left nice white lines across his cheek and over his nose, making the both of us snort in amusement. "Revenge!", he dipped his complete hand in the bin of paint, ruffling through my hair with it.

All of this ended in a heated battle, which I unfortunately lost, since he had pinned me down on the floor, sitting on top of me. "Oh my god, you're so heavy!", I choked out, as he leaned forward his finger drawing different things on my face. "Now you're even cuter.", joy was sparkling in his eyes as he looked at his piece of art that was struggling underneath him. "Great, now of you go.", I really did try to throw him off of me, but he actually is heavy.

I gave up and looked up at him, white paint also covered most of his face and tainted his raven black hair. "You changed so much, Sky. I'm really proud of you.", he rested his forehead against mine. In what way did I change? In a bad way? Was I being more annoying? "What do you mean?", he straightened his back again, one of his hands keeping my arms pinned down above my head. "Didn't you notice? At first, you wouldn't let me touch you, or you would be uncomfortable while being around me, but now. Now, you let me hug you, touch you and even kiss you. I would have never guessed you trusting me so fast, considering your past."

He smiles, finally letting go of my hands. To be honest, he's absolutely right, I haven't thought about it once. My past, never have I ever compared him to them again. He had been telling the truth form the very beginning, he never had intended to hurt me, not even once. "You're right.", I can'thelp but smile up at him, he really is different. "Thank you somuch.", I wiped a little paint out of my face, trying to do the same with him. "No, thank you for trusting me. I will never hurt you, I promise.", he leaned back down, arms rested on each side of my head, as his lips brush over mine, before ending in a gentle kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me, my heart skipping multiple beats.

Suddenly, he breaks the kiss, his head popping up towards the door. I gasp at his sudden movement, following his gaze soon after, having to tilt my head painfully to the left. In the door was an amused woman, also known as his mom, she held a plate with cookies in her hand, slowly walking towards us. My face is probably just as red as the necklace she was wearing (which was a really dark shade of red). Nathan had gotten up from my stomach holding out a hand to help me get on my feet as well.

"Well hello there Skylar, I didn't know you'd be coming over to help with the painting, I sure hope I didn't interrupt you guys.", she winked at Nathan, causing even him to slightly blush. "Anyway, I just got home from work, socould you guys keep it down in case-", Nathan interrupted her before she could say anything else, leaving me even more embarrassed than before. With another laughter she handed him the plate and left us standing there. "Please excuse my mom, she can be a little disturbing.", he scratched the back of his neck with his free hand, giving me an apologetic grin.

"It's fine, don't worry about it.", I tried to sound as casual as possible, but the smirk on his face told me I had failed. "You're very cute when you blush like that.", he rubbed my with dried paint crusted cheeks. "I told you, that's not a compliment.", I push his hands away from me, eying him carefully. "It is though.", he was pouting a little, waving a cookie in front of my face. "Unlike you, I can actually eat.", I said, as I took it out of his hand and started to eat. Chocolate chip, my favorite.