Diet

Thanks for sticking with my story I really appreciate it.  My goal is to make readers laugh.  Typically, in most vampire stories, if you become a vampire then you’ll look amazing.  Imagine if you stayed the same.  Would you do anything to change your appearance so you would look amazing for all eternity? Hope you enjoy this chapter!

 AMBER’S POV

 “Someone's PMS-ing!” Nicole laughed.

 Processing everything that has occurred in the final 24 hours definitely had me feeling on edge.  I looked at my best friend, daggers shooting out of my eyes like torpedoes.  Nicole still didn’t know the whole story.  After speaking with Tim, I had already made my decision.

 “I’m serious Nicole.  This time I’m a hundred percent committed.”

 “That’s what you always say, but why now?” Nicole asked.

 “I want Tim to like me,” I lied.

 “He’s already your boyfriend; he already thinks you’re attractive.”

 “That’s not the point.  I am doing this more for me than for Tim.  Let’s face it; I’m not getting any younger.  If I don’t change anything now, I’ll be overweight forever.”

 If only Nicole knew the truth.  If I turned into a vampire, I would look overweight for all eternity.  I want to look drop dead gorgeous.  Convincing Tim to give me time was hard enough.

 Unaware of how much longer I would have left, I knew I needed to stay motivated.  Shoveling the last chocolate turtle truffle in my mouth, I held the empty package in my hands feeling like a failure.  I thought about buying a salad, but then found myself in heaven, the snacks isle, a world of candy and magical worlds where dreams come true.

Temptation was calling my name and I felt lost.  Feeling like I was drowning in a sea of sugar, I felt really hyper. My own body was betraying me, I was weak and vulnerable, and it wouldn’t kill me to give in just this once.  Nicole looked sorely amused.  This was supposed to be the beginning of a hardcore diet.

 By the time I got to the front of the line, all I had were empty wrappers.  The cashier looked at me skeptically.

 “Wow, someone was hungry,” she said rudely.

 She proceeded to ring up the items while obnoxiously over crinkling everything.

 “Would you like this in a bag or would you like me to toss it in the trash for you?”

 “I’ll throw it away myself.”

 “Suit yourself, darling.”

 “She’s on a diet,” Nicole laughed.

 “What diet is that? Sign me up!” The cashier snickered.

 Feeling my face burn, I paid for my items and left the store, Nicole is trailing behind me.

 Slumping my shoulders in defeat, I stared at my best friend.  Tim’s words were still painfully ringing in my ears.  Once I was turned into a vampire, I would have to leave everything and everyone behind.  I didn’t want to lose her, knowing it was only a matter of time before I did.

 My smile froze as a dark shadow skidded across my line of sight.  What was that? Noticeably shivering in ninety degree weather, Nicole and I parted ways.  Perhaps hanging out with her was dangerous for her wellbeing.  As I walked home, I replayed the conversation I had with Tim.

 We were standing near a trash can, flies were buzzing all about.  The sun was blinding, Tim’s eyes were naturally slanted so it always looked like he was squinting.  Originally, he had thought I was making fun of him until he realized the sun was bothering my eyes.  We laughed about it at the end.