Pinkeye

AMBER'S POV

It’s summertime.  Love is in the air like, biting like an infinity of mosquitos.   At first, I could hear some critter buzz next to my ear.  Suffering from entomophobia, I tried to spring out of a moving vehicle at sixty-four mph.  Strangled by my seatbelt, I was secure in the passenger seat.  A fly flew into my eye, and then died tragically.  I blinked, eye tearing pitifully, and I could see its wings tear away from its body. 

Hours later, my eyes burn. 

"Nicole, I think I'm blind."  My good eye, (the right one) was crusted shut, and both eyes itched worse than that time I had lice.

"Dammit," she cursed, "I told you to stop touching your face after scratching your ass!"

"I don't scratch my backside," I lied, "and plus, I’d wash my hands if I dug for treasure."

"I suppose you have pink eye, Amber," Nicole said, peeking at me nervously.  We were still driving on the highway.  There wasn't a rest stop for miles and miles.  And as if the heat and my overactive bladder weren't enough, I was going blind.

Sulking, I made a duck face at by best friend.  I kept wiping off the thick discharge with my fingers, forcing out the crust like one peels dried glue on fingers.  My eyes felt grainy, and I only wanted to take sandpaper or a cactus, and gouge my eyes out.

“We’re almost there,” Nicole explained, as if her words would comfort me. 

“Where is ‘there’? In the middle of nowhere?”

“You don’t actually give good directions,” Nicole whined.

“You’re a Vampire; you can read people’s minds! Can’t you just read Victoria’s mind and figure out where she is?”

Nicole almost drove off the road, swerving like a madwoman across four lanes.                

“Amber! That’s genius!”

“Pay attention to the road!” I demanded. 

“I’m not 100% sure it’ll work, but it’s worth a shot.”

“You aren’t doing ‘it’ right now, are you? Isn’t that worse than texting while driving?”

“Sssh, I need to concentrate,” Nicole ordered.

“And I want to live.”

I tugged on my seat belt, cutting off the circulation of my bosoms.  I kept bracing for impact, waiting to die at any moment.  Blind, drunk, or narcoleptics can drive better than Nicole right now. 

Like the sick anticipation of a roller coaster ride, Nicole slammed on the brakes, screaming with delight and passion.  I peed-a little.  Smoke rose to the heavens skies, and burnt rubber lingered in the summer breeze.

I could taste burritos in the back of my throat.  I swallowed back clumps and fought the urge to projectile puke like a satanic woman.

“What the HELL, Nicole!” I gagged. 

“I found her.”

My heart stopped.  This was the moment I was waiting for.  I could sense the sweat trickle over my fatty folds, in the crevasses of my breasts, and in the crack of my buttocks.  I tried to swallow my saliva like a normal person, and choked instead. 

“Amber, are you okay?”

Choking and sputtering, I tried to nod.  I could feel my face turn different shades of red, blue, and purple. 

“Spit went down the wrong pipe,” I gasped, stupidly.  Leave it to me, to drown in my own fluids.  After what felt like forever, I could breathe.  Nicole took off driving again, and I felt even more uneasy.

“Where is she?” I asked finally. 

VICTORIA’S POV

"This is for your own good," I snarled. 

“You don’t have to do this!” Tim whined.

“I’ll just keep erasing your memories.  I will make you forget her!” I snarled. 

In an instant, Tim had remembered-everything.  True love-conquers all, some say.  Well, I spit in their lovesick faces, step on their hopes and dreams, and kill those that are stupid enough to believe in true love.      

I looked at the man that was once my lover, husband, and friend.  I was a fool to think he could love me, accept me, want me, and desire me

“I love Amber-.”

“And she will die because of that love! You can’t go around telling humans about Vampires.  She does not love you like I do.  You are a blinded, driven by lust.  I will not let you sacrifice yourself, for a human.”

“I loved you once, but not anymore.  You can erase my memories, but I will always remember the woman I love, Amber,” Tim said. 

“You’re an idiot,” I cried, “but it doesn’t matter who you love, because in the end, she’ll die.”

I sat depressed along a dirty futon, and stared at dusty pictures on the ramparts.  I stuck a pair of wool socks in Tim’s ravishing mouth.  Sitting in Amber’s small, filthy, smelly apartment, I waited.  It smelt like cat urine and human feces.  When she arrived, I would kill her.  No one would ever know.  Just looking at her discolored carpet, accidents happen all the time. 

Hello Reader's,

Thank you so much for reading and I hope you enjoyed this chapter.  I appreciate all of your support, I can't thank you enough or express how much it means to me.  XD