Funny

Patrick looked up surprised that his fedora had been taken from atop his head. He was not surprised to see Ellie standing over him wearing it. "Hey. give it back." He couldn't help but smile, it was so great to see the girl happy. It was amazing what some attention and a little bit of medication could do. 

"No, It's mine now." She leaned forward, over the back of the couch, looking at Patrick. "You wear them too much. I don't like it."

"Well you wear beanies too much. Maybe I don't like that." He was quick with his next action. He wrapped his arms around her middle, pulling her over the couch and into his lap. He took the hat off of her head and placed it back on his head. "You don't really get an input on what I wear. If anything it should be the other way around, because I pay for everything."

"You don't have to pay for everything. I can take care of myself. You insisted on me moving in here and buying me things. I was fine without it." She frowned. It got quite annoying when he reminded her of it every day. 

"You ran into the middle of the street, Ellie. I literally saved your life. You are the least sane woman I have ever met, you most definitely cannot take care of yourself." His voice had become a bit more stern. "You are a mess, don't try to pretend you aren't."

"Why are you being such a dick today, Patrick?" She was ready to stand up and go lock herself away in another room for a few hours, as she did when Patrick annoyed her. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, Ellie." He sighed, he wasn't going to start an argument with her. Not when he could easily diffuse the situation with a kiss. 

"It looks like you two are having fun." Pete rolled his eyes, he had entered the room from the kitchen. Where he and Meagan had been cooking dinner. Because, well, it was there house.

 Ellie quickly pulled away from Patrick’s kiss, embarrassed that they’d been caught, and upset that she’d been defeated. It was amazing the power that Patrick had over her. It wasn’t fair. “I was just about to slap him, actually.”

"That's a lie." Patrick looked back over his shoulder to look at Pete, and he smiled. "It was a little argument. I finished it."

"You cheated." Ellie corrected Patrick immediately, she wasn't going to let him get away with winning. He wasn't allowed to win. "You aren't supposed to use kissing against me. It's against the rules."

"All's fair in love and war." Patrick smirked, giving Ellie another quick kiss before returning his gaze to Pete. "Is dinner ready?"

"Yeah, we have everything done." Pete nodded. "Feel free to come eat some actual food when you're done eating her face."

"Haha. Very funny, Pete." Ellie was not amused. 

“We’ll be there in a minute.” Patrick ignored Ellie for the time being, he needed to speak to her before they ate. As soon as Pete returned to the other room, he began speaking to Ellie once again. “You have to be nice in there."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Ellie immediately frowned. She was kind of okay with Patrick cheating in there argument, but that wasn't a big deal. If she was going to get lectured like a little kid, that was a problem. 

"It means you have to think about what you say before you say it. You can't go complain about how everything is vegetarian. You can't say something men about Meagan. You have to think." Patrick had become deathly serious. "You can't go in there and be a bitch."

"I'm not a bitch." This little lecture could very quickly turn into a much bigger argument than the previous one. "Why do you think I would be a bitch?"

"You don't have much of a filter."