Champagne For My Real Friends

Vodka.

Wine.

Whiskey.

Rum.

Tequila.

Sake.

Brandy.

Gin.

Cider.

Nine words. 

Nine names.

Nine names that changed my life.

Alcohol is a very powerful thing, and I wish I would've realized that earlier. I wish I would've realized that before I was drinking away all my problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Patrick went straight for the Scotch. He didn't pour himself a shot, or mix it, he just grabbed the bottle, and took two big swigs. Much more than he needed. 

Pete walked into the kitchen, looking around. He didn't see Ellie anywhere, but he did see Patrick gripping a bottle. As usual. "What the fuck are you doing?"

"I'm stressed." Patrick shrugged, setting the bottle down on the counter top. "She's hiding in the cabinets. I'm hiding in the whiskey."

"You're not supposed to be hiding. You're supposed to take care of her." Pete dropped to his knees in front of the breakfast nook, slowly opening one of the doors. Sure enough, Ellie was inside.  "Now I have to do your job for you."

"If you wouldn't have thrown a fucking party, I wouldn't be drinking." He grasped the bottle once again, pullingcthe stopper and gulping down two more servings worth. "It's your fault."

Pete shook his head, but momentarily ignored Patrick. "Ellie, come on, get out of there. You don't have to go see anyone. Just don't stay under here with the cleaning supplies."

Ellie started at Pete for a long moment before crawling out of the cabinet. She wouldn't do more than that, though. She just sat in front of it and looked up at Patrick.

"Take her somewhere else. I'm going to be drunk very soon, and she doesn't need to put up with that." Patrick averted Ellie's gaze, looking anywhere but at her.

"Put the Scotch down, Patrick. She's your girlfriend, she's your responsibility." Pete stood from the ground, hands crossed over his chest.

"Don't... Not a dog." Ellie shook her head, looking up at Pete. "Talk, no."

"We know you're not a dog Ellie, sorry." Patrick sighed. He hated this. He hated his own life. "It's just, you're not the most capable person in the world."

"Patrick..." Pete hissed in a low tone, giving a warning.

"I'm just being honest with her." Patrick's answer was honest. And also very drunken. It didn't take long for alcohol to penetrate his brain. "Just like when I tell her she's beautiful, or when I tell her she's the love of my life. Not when I say she's perfect, though. That's bullshit."

"Just shut up, Patrick." Pete was done. He pulled Ellie of the ground, and sighed. "Patrick's an alcoholic. Until he gets that problem fixed, I think you're going to come stay with me and Meagan."

Patrick's face instantly filled with fear. "No, no, no. You can't take her away from me. No one can take her away from me. It can't happen."

"I'm sure if someone told whoever the hell is in charge of conservators that you're an alcoholic, they'd put her in the custody of someone better suited." Pete released Ellie's arm, speaking to her for a moment. "I apologize for taking about you when you're here. I don't have much of a choice."

"They won't cove give her to the bipolar recovering addict." Patrick was quite upset about this. "They'll send her away."

"Andy will take her." Pete had a perfect response to everything. "I'm sure he'd be happy to watch her for a few months. And if not, we'd get Gabe or Bill."

"Gabe lives in LA." Another terrified look from Patrick. "She's not going to LA."

"She will if you don't get your act together." And with that, Pete was done talking. "Ellie, tonight you're coming home with me and Meagan."

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this is pretty short, guys. I didn't want to post a big eventful chapter until more of you give me your ideas! Because honestly, I'm stuck. All I can think of is Patrick going to AA meetings, and that doesn't sound very fun. Probably wouldn't be very fun to read for you guys. 

The Only Drug I Want ( Patrick Stump / OC)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें