What?

It had been a rough few days for both of them. Ones that had been filled with mascara tears, screaming, and lots of hiding. Ellie hiding from Patrick, Patrick hiding possible weapons from Ellie, and Patrick attempting to hide how stressed, annoyed, and worried he was. 

He couldn't always hide it. 

A few tears slipped down his own face. He was watching Ellie argue with someone in her head. She was curled up on the ground, in the corner of the room, and she was hushing someone, and telling them to stop touching her. Patrick was supposed to intervene, that's what all the doctors had told him last time he took her to the doctor. But he'd given up on that for the night. Every time he tried, she just told him he was wrong and punched him until her backed up. He knew he had a few good bruises already, and he didn't want any more. 

He was also supposed to take her to the Psychiatric Hospital if she had fits like this, but he couldn't do it. They were supposed to leave on tour in a week. He wasn't about to leave Ellie behind to have her stay in a place meant for the insane. It wasn't going to happen. 

So instead, he watched her. He watched her and he wiped away his tears until she fell asleep.

He didn't even bother after that.

He let it all go, he started sobbing. He'd never thought he'd cry so much over seeing a schizophrenic girl. He lived in Chicago; they were all over the streets. He'd saved her from ending up like them.  And that's why it hurt so much. She'd come so far, she'd gotten better, she'd been fine for a good amount of time. 

And then it was gone. 

The only thing worse than watching a human being shatter before your eyes was knowing that human being. He just watched as everything he loved about Ellie disappeared. All he wanted was to make it stop. All he wanted was to see her be happy, to have her stop yelling and arguing. He didn't believe in god, but if he did, he would have been praying to him. 

Ellie’s POV

"I'm so sorry, Ellie." Patrick turned to face me, setting a plate of food in front of me. . "I know you don't feel good, I know you're tired, and I know you think he was calling you fat. But you aren't, and you need to eat." 

I looked at him, and I pushed the plate away, He didn't deserve my words. No one deserved my words. 

"Fine, you don’t have to eat. Just talk to me. Just say something to me, Ellie. You know I love you, and all I want is to help you." His voice was higher than usual, like he was panicking. Like he didn't know what to do. "Ellie, please. I love you. I want you to be happy."

I shook my head. That was such bullshit. "You told me you hated me. And you're the one who told me I'm fat." I didn't understand him; he changed his mind about me every few minutes. He was fucking with me. He was just trying to hurt me. "But you won't let me leave, and you've hidden all the phones so I can't call for help."

"No, Ellie, I never said those things. I told you I love you. I don't think you're fat. I think you're gorgeous. I think you look perfect." He was lying through his teeth, like I didn’t know the truth.

“I’m not an idiot.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, I apologise for the chapter being so short. I've been busy and I promised I'd post this weekend so this one was written kind of quickly. I should have another chapter posted later this week. Also, this isn't a choose how the story goes thing, but I do have a question. Where would you like to see this story go?