Prologue

The sound of something hitting the ground resonated throughout the Ruins. The source of the loud noise groaned in pain, having to endure such a long and hard fall. They looked around the place they had fallen into. They had landed on a bed of golden flowers that had probably prevented any major injuries, they had fallen through a small hole in the ceiling that is to far for them to climb back up to, and there was a single doorway, which led to a place that seemed to have little light. The human walked through the doorway to be greeted with the sight of a terrified looking flower. The human approached the flower, their soft footsteps were quiet, but loud enough for the golden flower in front of them to notice. The flower whipped around, it's eyes landing on the human. It's once shaking exterior turned into a twisted, terrifying creature. Pitch black eyes seemed to stare into the humans soul, sharp fangs that looked as if they could bite off the humans head easily had been revealed, and the flower had grown taller and was now towering over the human.
"W H Y A R E Y O U H E R E? W H A T D O Y O U W A N T F R O M M E?"
The flowers voice echoed throughout the cave, as well as inside the humans mind causing them to clutch their head in both hands. After the ringing stopped, they smiled at the flower, taking it aback. Especially since it had just tried to scare the human away. The human then pointed up.
"I'm going back to the surface. Want to tag along?" They asked the flower, thoroughly surprising it. The flower went back to it's original form, looking at the human with an awed expression, before smiling brightly. The flower had thought that the human was going to hurt him like all the others, the marks adorning his flower body showed the pain he had endured from the monsters. It had been a while since the flower had seen a kind SOUL.

The flower disappeared through the floor and reappeared right in front of the human, causing them to stumble back a bit in surprise. The flower smiled at them.
"I'm Flowey! Flowey the flower! Nice to meet you, and sorry for scaring you earlier," he mumbled. The human smiled softly.
"I'm Frisk, nice to meet you Flowey," they said, looking down at their new and shorter companion. Flowey wrapped vines around Frisk's arm and plopped himself on their shoulder. As they were about to exit the room through the door opposite of the one Frisk had entered through earlier, they heard a voice call out to them.
"Oh, hello their child. What do you have there?" The soft spoken voice asked. Frisks breath hitched and their eyes widened, the voice seemed kind enough, but their was something ... menacing hidden within the voice. Frisk also noted that Flowey had started shaking a bit. They slowly turned around and faced the source of the voice.
Frisk's eyes landed upon a woman, but since she was a monster, she had the physique of a goat. She had white fur, droopy ears and short horns on top of her head, long eyelashes, a pair of sharp fangs, and eyes with a yellow glow to them. She was wearing a long black robe with the Delta Rune on it. She seemed to be a motherly-like figure, but Frisk could see that there was something maniacal about her.
"I'm Toriel, child," she said with a smile, "I'll take care of you while you're in the Ruins. What is your name, little one?" Toriel asked. Frisk still had their doubts about this lady, but she seemed kind enough so far.
"I'm Frisk, nice to meet you," they said with a kind smile. It could have been their imagination, but they swear that they saw Toriel smirk and let out a sly chuckle.