Chapter 2

Wake up, Frisk! You are the future of humans and monsters...
Frisk jolted awake, they were covered in sweating and were panting. They looked around to find that they were still in the room given to them by Toriel. Flowey was still sleeping peacefully on the bedside table, but something in the room smelled sweet. Frisk looked around some more and noticed a pie located on the floor by their bed. Carefully getting off the bed, they tiptoed over to the pie, as to not wake Flowey. The pie was butterscotch-cinnamon pie. Frisk decided to save it for when they really needed it. Frisk crawled back into bed, hoping to get a little more sleep...they couldn't.

Frisk laid in bed, waiting to either fall asleep or for Flowey to wake up. They gripped the blanket so tightly that their hand started to shake a bit. Frisk doesn't know why this happened, they couldn't remember the dream they had, yet still had a strange sense of unease and nervousness.
"Frisk...? Are you okay? Are you awake?" They heard Flowey ask from the nightstand. They turned to face the golden flower.
"I'm fine. Why do you ask?" Flowey frowned in concern.
"You're...shaking and look terrified, for some reason." It was now Frisks turn to frown. They hadn't realized that they had been noticeably shaking, and didn't think that they looked scared at all.
"Probably was just a bad dream. Come on, let's go ask to be let out of this place." Frisk got up from the bed and picked up Flowey, while in the pot, and walked out the bedroom door.

The house seemed...eerier than it had when they had first gotten there. It seemed darker and more menacing, almost like it was warning Frisk about what would happen if they asked to leave. Flowey seemed to notice it too, he seemed more on edge than before. They walked through the hallway, leading to the living room, where they found Toriel. She was sitting in a chair with glasses on, reading a book. Toriel didn't even look up when Frisk and Flowey entered the room, Frisk clutched Flowey's pot, almost like their life depended on it.
"Umm, Toriel...?" They said. Toriel finally looked up at them, but soon looked back at her book.
"What is it, child?" She asked in a sweet voice, yet for some reason it sent a shiver down Frisks spine.
"I was wondering if you could show me the way out of the Ruins, so I could go home," Frisk said in a calm and careful voice. Something flashed in Toriels eyes, but quickly disappeared.
"Why do you want to leave, my child? This is your home now." She said, her voice never showing emotion. Frisk took in a deep breath.
"Please let me go home, Toriel." Frisk waited for an answer, but none ever came.
"I'll be right back, child, please wait here." Toriel said before she left down the stairs, that Frisk assumed lead to the basement.

At first, Frisk stayed and raised an eyebrow at Flowey in a questioning manner; not long after Toriel left, something dawned on Frisk that she could be up to something, and they sped down the stairs, still clutching Flowey in his pot. Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, they spotted Toriel walking slowly down the hallway.
"I'm going to destroy the door that leads out of the Ruins and into the rest of the Underground. Do not try to stop me, child." She walked a little faster down the hall and turned a corner. Frisk sped after her, not wanting to give her a chance to destroy the only way out. Frisk turned the corner and almost bumped into Toriel.
"Please, go to your bedroom. You'll end up like all the others. They come, they leave, they die. I don't want that to happen to you, little one. This is your last warning." Toriel said, walking down the rest of the hallway. Frisk hesitated, they knew that they'd have to fight Toriel, but they still weren't going to hurt her.
"It's the only way you're going to be able to leave," Flowey looked up at them. "But knowing you, you'll find a way to succeed without hurting her." The Flower said. Frisk nodded at him and walked down the hall, meeting up with Toriel.

Toriel turned to face them.
"Well, if you want to leave that badly, then prove to me you're strong enough. If the other monsters don't kill you, then Asgore will be the one to end your life." The lights seemed to dim and Frisk was pulled into battle. Frisk spared, not wanting to have to fight Toriel. Even though Frisk had spared, Toriel attacked back at full force, not taking pity on the human. Fireballs erupted around Frisk on all sides, the intense heat from the magic was felt right away. The fire was moving closer towards Frisk at a quick pace, little space left between the fireballs. But Frisk hadn't reacted fast enough, they were closed in and had dropped Flowey, trying to prevent him from getting hurt in any way. The fire closed in rapidly, burning Frisks skin as they cried out in pain. They heard Flowey crying out for them, the sound almost completely blocked out by both the sound of the flames, and the sound of their own screams. Before Frisks vision went completely black, they heard Toriel say in a small voice.
"I'm sorry..." That was the last thing Frisk heard, before everything went blank.

Stay Determined...
Frisk sat bolt upright, sobs racking their body in fear and pain.
"Frisk! What's wrong?" They heard a voice ask...it was Flowey. Frisk looked around to find that they were back in the bedroom in Toriels house. They ignored Flowey for a moment, looking at their clothes and skin to find no burns; yet they could still feel the light sting of the flames. They rushed out of the bedroom, ignoring Flowey's calls after them. They walked down the hall, to once again find Toriel sitting and reading. The monster looked up and smiled at Frisk.
"What is it, my child?" She said. Frisk blinked, but forced a smile, finding it difficult after just experiencing the woman killing them not too long ago.
"Nothing. I thought I heard something. I'll go back to bed now." Frisk said, going back to the bedroom. They collapsed on the bed, eyes wide with both surprise and fear. Flowey looked at them in worry.
"Frisk? What's wrong? What's going on?" Frisk looked at Flowey, tears pooling in their eyes again.
"I don't know. How did we end up here again? I was supposed to be dead!" Frisk exclaimed, some tears running down their cheeks. Flowey frowned.
"Your high determination. Because you were so determined, instead of dying, you basically reloaded a SAVE point." Frisk looked at him in confusion. Flowey sighed.
"Don't worry about it Frisk, get some rest and we'll try to leave again after." Frisk looked at Flowey for a moment before nodding and laying back on the bed.

As they were about to drift off to sleep, they heard Flowey speak from the nightstand.
"Frisk? What's that on the side of your head, in your hair?" Frisk was confused, but reached up to the side of their head, right above their ear. Their fingers brushed against something and they instantly pulled on it. Intense pain racked Frisks body and they doubled over in pain, they could slightly hear Flowey calling to them in worry, over the ringing in their head. Once the pain subsided, Frisk reached up again, but only to feel what they object was. The object attached to them seemed fragile, it was soft and had a nice texture. Frisks eyes widened in realization of what the object was.
"Frisk...that's a golden flower...growing out of your head."