Chapter 4

(A/N: Art doesn't belong to me and belongs to its rightful owner.)

Frisk dropped their hand from the new flower and sighed. But looked down the path with a look of pure determination upon their face. No matter what happened, they wouldn't lose that determination and would free the monsters.
"That's it Frisk, stay determined! You are the fate of both the monsters and the humans..."
Frisk faltered, but ignored the voice and walked down the path, ignoring the face Flowey gave them.

They made it to the end of the path, and again heard the footsteps. But, instead of waiting for the monster to approach, Frisk turned around to look at him. Once the monster was right in front of them, Frisk smiled and waved one hand while tightly clutching Flowey's pot with the other.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Frisk and this is Flowey," they said. The skeleton seemed both confused and surprised by how nice Frisk was being. He shook his head and the smirk was back on his face again as he extended his hand for Frisk to take.
"I'm Sans," the skeleton said. But Frisk didn't take his hand, and instead kept smiling at Sans and holding Flowey's pot.

Sans put his hand down once he realized that Frisk wasn't going to take it, he put both hands in his jacket pockets and sighed.
"I'll tell you somethin' sweetheart, you're lucky you met me and not my brother. I don't care much about hunting humans, but he is a human hunting fanatic," Sans said with a small chuckle. He nodded toward the archway.
"Go right through, my brother made the bars to wide to stop anyone. Besides, he's not in town at the moment, he rarely comes to Snowdin, and no one else here will attack you...most likely." Frisk looked through the archway, but before they walked through it, they turned to Sans and smiled.
"Thank you," they said and walked through the archway. Sans stood there confused and surprised for a moment before they glared at the back of Frisks head and clicked his tongue in annoyance.

Sans walked up beside Frisk and started gesturing towards the town they were approaching.
"Welcome to Snowdin." Frisk and Flowey looked towards the town that was still a little bit from them, Frisk was about to ask Sans something, but the sound of footsteps crunching on the snow behind them interrupted Frisk. They turned and their eyes widened, approaching Frisk was another skeleton, but this one was taller than Sans. The skeleton was much creepier than Sans, this one had red boots, black pants and shirt, red gloves, a red worn cape with holes in it, and ominous pitch black eye sockets with a crack going down to his mouth.
"Welp, looks like my brother decided to pay a little visit." Frisk heard Sans say. They saw a smirk on his face, but could somewhat hear a bitter tone in his voice.
"Frisk! Watch out!" They heard Flowey call out to them. Before Frisk had time to respond, they felt something pierce their soul. Looking down, they saw a bone that reminded them a lot about how Sans had killed them.
"Oops. Sorry I didn't warn ya 'bout him." Frisk heard Sans say with a dark chuckle. Frisk collapsed to the ground, Flowey's pot rolling away from them with the crying flower as Frisks blood stained the snow and their vision faded.

Frisk found themselves at the start of the path again, but their vision was a little...weird. Frisks heart sunk to their stomach as they reached toward their eye, their hand shaking. Their fingers brushed over petals and they placed their hand over the eye that had been taken over by the flowers. Frisks fingers on their other hand, curled tightly around Flowey's pot as the flower looked down at the snowy ground with a sad look. Frisk bit their lip as their body started to shake and tears formed and fell from their one good eye. They collapsed to their knees and hugged Flowey close to their chest, a few tears dripped onto Flowey as well as onto the ground. Flowey wrapped two vines around Frisk, almost like a hug, to try and comfort them.
"I don't know what to do, Flowey..." They said. Flowey looked up at them, a look of pity laced his eyes.
"The way this is going, I could be rendered blind, or maybe the flowers will spread to my ears and I'll go deaf!" Frisk cried out. Flowey winced.
"Frisk...it'll be okay." He said
"No! It won't be okay!" Frisk exclaimed, their voice cracking halfway through the sentence. Flowey didn't have a response, so he stayed silent. After a while, Frisk spoke up again.
"I'm sorry, Flowey. I'm just...scared," they said. Flowey smiled sadly.
"It's fine Frisk. And...I know. It's scary. But we'll get through it, I'm positive." Frisk let out a little laugh.
"Thank you, Flowey. I would have given up a long time ago if no one had been here for me." Flowey smiled.

Frisk stood up from the ground, Flowey in hand, and wiped away the last few tears that were still on their face. They started down the path again, even after their little break down, their determination didn't falter. If anything, they were somehow even more determined. But in the back of their mind, Frisk heard a voice whispering.
"Stay determined, Frisk. Help bring me back to life..."