Chapter 3

(A/N: Art doesn't belong to me and belongs to its rightful owner)

A golden flower, about the size of Frisks thumb. Fragile and soft petals adorned the flower. But each tug at it caused immense pain to course through Frisk, almost causing them to black out from pain. Not wanting to cause Frisk anymore pain, Flowey stopped from trying to get rid of the flower and tried to think of why it might be there. Neither Frisk nor Flowey could think of any possibilities...well, Flowey had one idea, but that couldn't possibly be it. Frisk and Flowey agreed to rest a bit before they tried to fight Toriel again. Flowey fell asleep right away, but Frisk wasn't as lucky. Frisk had too much on their mind, what the flower was, why they weren't dead, and why Flowey seemed to be hiding something. Frisk laid there, staring up at the ceiling, thinking about what it'd be like to free all the monsters and let them live on the surface. It's what they wanted to do and they were determined.

Frisk stayed awake, thinking with a small smile on their face. The little flower peaking out of their hair, it almost looked like they had intentionally put it there. Flowey woke up after awhile, and again they went to ask to be let out. Again, Toriel tried to destroy the door leading to the rest of the Underground. Again, she pulled Frisk into a battle and they spared. And again, Frisk was defeated. With each reset, Frisk had gotten faster, but was still not fast enough. With each death, a new flower bloomed on Frisk. Flowey's theory was confirmed, that with each death, a new flower would bloom. Frisk didn't like the thought, the flowers had started to spread down their neck. The flowers had grown to Frisks forehead and cheek, and were know going down their neck. But Frisk stayed determined, they wouldn't hurt Toriel no matter how many times they were killed by her. Frisk had also tried running to the door before Toriel, but it ended with the monster dragging Frisk away and attacking them.

Frisk opened their eyes, they had just been killed another time. They sat up, this time they were killed by Toriel clawing at them. They reached up to their face, there were no scratches but there was a new flower located in the middle of their left cheek. They sighed, but stood up from the bed.
"Frisk...we can rest a bit if you want. You've been trying really hard," Flowey said in concern. Frisk turned to look at them and smiled.
"I'm fine, Flowey. Don't worry," they weren't exactly fine, but they didn't want Flowey to worry. Flowey frowned, but didn't argue with Frisk any longer. Frisk picked him up and walked out of the room, over to Toriel. Toriel had started to raise eyebrows at Frisk once the flowers had become more noticeable, but never asked any questions.

Frisk asked to be let out, and Toriel went to destroy the door. Once the battle started, Frisk was able to dodge most attacks. Toriel kept attacking, and saying things about how they'd be killed right away.
"Just let me give you a painless death!" Frisk dodge Toriels last attack and the monster broke down in tears. Frisk was surprised by the woman's reaction, and kneeled down next to her. Toriel looked up and pulled Frisk into a hug.
"I just wanted to protect you," Toriel said, tears running down her cheeks. She looked at Frisk and smiled sadly.
"You're just like this child that came down here once...I hope you don't end up like them," Toriel stood up and walked away from Frisk.
"Please don't come back here. Leave before I change my mind," she walked out and Frisk let out a breath. They reached up to feel the flowers, if they hadn't been pointed out to Frisk, they wouldn't had known that the flowers were there.
"Come on, Frisk. We should leave like she said." They heard Flowey say next to them. They smiled at him.
"Yeah, let's go." Frisk picked Flowey up and walked through the door.

The cold fresh air surrounded Frisk and Flowey. They shivered, but were thankful to be out of the stuffy Ruins. Frisk looked around a bit, fresh snow layered the ground, trees were on each side of a path, and a bush was located right next to the door. Flowey pointed out that something looked off about the bush, so Frisk went to investigate it. They happened to find a camera located in between the branches of the bush, they left it alone. Frisk started walking down the path, looking around as they did so. Halfway down the path, they noticed a stick, which they avoid. Walking away from it, they heard a loud snap behind them and whipped around, the stock was broken...but nobody came. Frisk cautiously turned to look forwards down the path again.

At the end, they came upon an archway. They looked it up and down, when they heard footsteps approach from behind them, Frisk froze in place.
"Hey, sweetheart, turn around." Frisk turned, not wanting to upset the person behind them. Turning around, Frisk faced a skeleton, he had pointed teeth with a single gold tooth, he was wearing a red shirt under a black jacket with a white puffy hood, black pants, red shoes, and his eyes were black empty sockets with red pupils. He extended a hand to Frisk.
"Don't you know how to greet a new friend?" He asked. A smirk upon his face, and an evil glint in his eyes. But nonetheless, Frisk gave him a happy smile, surprising him, and placed their hand in his.

As Frisk was about to introduce themselves, they felt a sharp pain in their soul and they heard Flowey cry out in horror. Their eyes widened in horror, a sliver of blood ran from their parted lips down their chin and they looked down. A bone, glowing red, had impaled Frisk in the chest. They collapsed to their knees and looked up to the skeleton in front of them. Frisk could hear Flowey trying to get their attention and screaming, but they couldn't make out his words as their eyes looked at the smirking skeleton in front of them as he spoke.
"Hasn't anyone told, in this world it's kill or be killed." Frisks vision went black at that moment.

When Frisk opened their eyes, they found themselves at the start of the path, right outside the door of the Ruins. They looked down to see Flowey in his pot, a look of grief upon his face.
"Sorry I'm not able to do anything to help, Frisk." He apologized. Frisk shook their head.
"Don't say that Flowey. You're being nice to me and staying by my side, that's all I could ask from you," they said. It was true and Flowey knew it. He looked up to Frisk and smiled.
"Thank you, Frisk." Flowey's smile disappeared once his eyes landed upon the location of the new flower. Frisk noticed and reached up to their face. Right below their lower eyelid, Frisks fingers brushed across the new flower. It was awkwardly placed, for every once in awhile, their eyelashes would brush the petals. But that was only one of the reasons the flower bothered them more then the others...based on where it was placed, the next flower they get could end up covering up their eye.