Chapter 8

Sans was right, oh he was right. Undyne showed up sooner than later, and she was determined to capture Frisk. Frisk and Sans had been walking through an unnaturally tall patch of grass, and there she was, looking down at the patch of grass...watching for something. Sans had noticed her first and quickly pulled Frisk to a crouch, so it made it harder for her to see them. Frisk was about to ask what was happening, but Sans pulled his finger up in a shushing motion and pointed to Undyne. Frisk looked at her; she had a fish-like appearance, with long red hair pulled into a ponytail, she was wearing red boots and red gloves, she wore black pants, and a black crop-top shirt with a red heart in the middle that had various cracks on it...Frisk recognized this as the look of their soul, but breaking. She was glaring at the grass that Frisk was hiding in, she hadn't noticed them...but had a strange gut feeling that something was hiding there. Frisk closed their one good eye and took a shuddering, yet quiet breath. When they looked back at Undyne, they saw a spear hurdling right towards their face, they didn't react fast enough and were about to be hit. Frisk closed their eye, but instead of feeling a spear, they felt Sans' hand grab them and pull them out of the way. The sudden movement caused Frisk to stumble, pulling Sans with them. This caused the grass around them to flatten and move, showing Undyne their location. Undyne smirked, launching herself from where she was previously standing, and towards Frisks direction with her spear drawn.

Sans acted quickly, he pulled Frisk up from the ground with Flowey, and started running towards the exit. Frisk looked back just in time to see Undyne slam her spear into the ground, right where Frisks head had previously been; Frisk shuddered. Sans and Frisk ran, and were able to dodge one of the spears Undyne threw at them. But, Sans wasn't able to pull Frisk over in time to dodge the second one. The spear lodge itself in the back of Frisks head, and two more followed; one hitting Frisk through their upper back all the way to their soul, and the other hitting Frisk in their lower back. Frisks body collapsed on the ground dead, as Sans began to reach out for them. Frisk died to the royal guardsman multiple times, as well as Sans once or twice trying to protect them. The flowers didn't spread to Frisks fingers, but instead started growing on their face again. They had moved all the way across Frisks forehead making it look like they were wearing a flower crown, and had some growing on their cheek which had used to have no flowers. Frisk suddenly got worried, for their thoughts had shifted to the eye that had already been taken by the flowers; if this happened to their other eye, then Frisk would be rendered blind. When Sans noticed the new flowers, he got aggravated and was about to attack back at Undyne, but Frisk begged him to stop; not wanting to hurt anyone.

Once Frisk and Sans figured out the pattern of Undyne's spears, they were quite easy to dodge. After a while, instead of only hearing their tired pants and the buzzing of the spears, Frisk started to hear aggravated growling form the royal guard. Undyne soon started to yell.
"Get back here, human!! As well as you, traitor!!" She called. Frisk saw Sans flinch when Undyne called him a traitor. Suddenly, Undyne was in front of them, blue glowing spears floating behind her, as well as one in her hands. A smirk graced her features, and a murderous look was in her eyes. She raised her spear, and the ones behind her pointed at Sans, Frisk, and Flowey as well.
"Alphys and Asgore will be so proud of me, once I bring you in," she said. She swung her spear, and Frisk dodged. Undyne growled, and signaled for the spears behind to attack Frisk. There were too many spears hurtling towards Frisk at such a fast rate, that they knew they couldn't dodge. They closed their eye, ready for the impact and new reset to occur, but they saw a bright flash of light behind their eyelid. Frisk opened their eye to see that Sans had summoned a blaster to destroy the spears, purposely missing Undyne. Sans turned to them.
"You're lucky I'm not just killing her," he mumbled. Undyne growled at that comment, and realized that the only way she'd get to attack Frisk, was to get rid of Sans first. She aimed her next attacks at the skeleton, catching him off guard. He dodged most of them, and blasted the rest away. Frisk had started to walk towards him to help, but he gestured for them to stay. They were about to refuse, when Flowey shook his head and said it was for the best to let Sans deal with it. As Sans was dodging the many spears that appeared in front of him, as well as the ones Undyne would slash at him with, he failed to notice the ones floating behind him. Frisk called out to him about them, and he turned. He dodged the spears, but Undyne had planned this. She used the distraction in her advantage, raising her spear and pointing it at Sans who was faced away from her. Frisks eye widened and they warned him, he turned around, but it was too late.

Undyne slashed her spear at Sans, he dodged but the spear ended up grazing his arm. While he was focused on checking for an injury, Undyne kicked him in the stomach, Sans being thrown back from the force. Frisk called out to him, tears pricking the corner of their one good eye, but...they were filled with undeniable determination, determination to get through this and help everyone.
"That's what a traitor like you deserves!" Undyne spat, Sans tried to pick himself up from off the ground, but fell back down. While Frisk was distracted by Sans, Undyne quickly jabbed Frisk in the chest with the hilt of her spear.
Frisk fell to the ground and gasped, Undyne's spear raised right above their soul. They tightly shut their eye, waiting for the impact of the spear about to cause their death...but instead of pain, they heard the sharp noise of metal clanging together. Frisk opened their eye to see a person with a knife standing in front of them and blocking Undyne's attacks. The person pushed Undyne back, causing her to fall from the force. The person turned, grabbed Frisk and Flowey, and started running away from Undyne. Sans pulled himself from off the ground with high effort, grabbed his injured arm, and followed.

Frisk looked at the person who was practically dragging them away.
"W-who are you?" They asked. The person turned and Frisk got a good look at their face. They had bright red eyes, pale skin with what looked like naturally flushed cheeks, slightly darker brown hair than Frisk, and a wide unnerving smile. They were wearing a shirt similar to Frisks, but instead it was green with a yellow strip, and they were wearing brown shorts and boots.
"Me? Well, I'm just a long forgotten demon," they said. The voice they had sent shivers up Frisks spine and a wave of unease washed over them. The person turned to face forward again.
"But, most call me Chara. Brought back by your...unnatural levels of determination," the person, Chara, tuned their head slightly so they could look at Frisk.
"But, you could also be the one to cause my demise once again. Once you officially die forever, I die with you, for your determination has disappeared," Chara's eyes flashed evilly, and their smile somehow widened.
"Or, I could absorb your soul now, live forever, and end this fucking stupid world." Frisk gulped, their eye widening and their body starting to shake. Chara's smile turned into a sly smirk, "but I'm not going to do that at this moment, I think I'll wait, for you've peaked my interest. Sans here used to care less about humans, yet here he is now, helping one." Chara said, gesturing to Sans as he glared.
"Besides, I've just gotten a body back, might as well explore before I destroy everything." They let out a deep chuckle, before saying in a sharp demonic voice, "then I will kill everyone on this earth!" But Frisk won't let that happen, they were determined...they would save this person known as Chara from the darkness they were buried beneath.